First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'm not a big fan of borrowing money, but our situation changed rapidly and we needed a truck. That mean the down payment was smaller than I would have wanted, but I still took the aggressive payment plan and got Ford's low rate.
My payment is just over $1,200, but it will be done with quickly and I'm paying mostly principle.
Sponsored

tbone-CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Scab XLT Leadfoot
Occupation
button pusher
Paid cash for last decade and going forward. One thing I didn't see mentioned is having the freedom to not pay for comprehensive insurance. We don't drive our vehicles much, don't commute to work, etc.

OP
OP
Bannerman

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP

P-cubed

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Caravan, Ranger, Edge
I took delivery of my February ordered truck last month. I was prepared to finance for 36 months at around $550/month.

But, the dealer said that one of my rebates was tied to taking out a 66 month loan at 0%. The funny thing is that my payment is $3XX for 36 months and then jumps quite a bit for the last 30 months - but all at 0% with no pre-payment penalty. FlexBuy or someshit they call it. I never heard of such a thing. But, I couldn't see giving up a rebate AND paying 1.9% to get a shorter loan.
Sponsored