Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 , platinum, 2023 PowerBoost platinum
Occupation
Mechanic
this has happened to me twice , anyone else
get in truck hit the start button, truck goes thur a couple screens , then won’t start , ( no Ready ) light , and Stop safely now ….
try for a couple minutes ,get out of truck , get back in then out of the blue , starts normal ??
I googled all about , said loose fuses? Bad battery ? My truck is a 2023 with less the 5000 miles on it ?
for giggles I opened the fuse box under the hood and started pushing down on the fuses and damn it , almost every fuse would go down in the box?
is this a normal thing ?
haven’t happened again , just wondering if anyone else had this issue ?
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
There's a whole rash of 2023's exhibiting this behavior. No "official" resolution yet.

It definitely has the tell tale signs of a "batch" issue with either a harness, module, or component. Although it could possibly be a software glitch.

JoeRedFly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Working
this has happened to me twice , anyone else
get in truck hit the start button, truck goes thur a couple screens , then won’t start , ( no Ready ) light , and Stop safely now ….
try for a couple minutes ,get out of truck , get back in then out of the blue , starts normal ??
I googled all about , said loose fuses? Bad battery ? My truck is a 2023 with less the 5000 miles on it ?
for giggles I opened the fuse box under the hood and started pushing down on the fuses and damn it , almost every fuse would go down in the box?
is this a normal thing ?
haven’t happened again , just wondering if anyone else had this issue ?
Yes, and mine didn't restart until after a power reset. Carry a couple of small wrenches to disconnect the two 12V batteries, takes 5 mins. You don't want to be stuck at the grocery store with that message.

EdwardMatthew

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Loose fuses or bad battery can usually cause this problem they can affect the electrical system and cause starting problem. I would recommend to check your truck fuse box make sure that the fuses are securely in place as it is important for proper electrical contact.

Trobson17

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 powerboost
Occupation
Operator
Yes, and mine didn't restart until after a power reset. Carry a couple of small wrenches to disconnect the two 12V batteries, takes 5 mins. You don't want to be stuck at the grocery store with that message.

Sponsored

Trobson17

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 powerboost
Occupation
Operator
Has this technique worked and you were able to start the truck

JoeRedFly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Working
Yes. In my case one of the modules in the vehicle had a fault. Resetting the modules cleared the issue and all was better. Much easier than a trip to the dealer where they will do the same thing.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I opened the fuse box under the hood and started pushing down on the fuses and damn it , almost every fuse would go down in the box?
is this a normal thing ?
I'd read about this problem and when my truck was just days old, I pulled the covers from both fuse panels and checked. All were fully seated.

So, we have a chance to learn if this is a time in service issue.

Will they get loose, or are some not seated properly at the factory?

Trobson17

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 powerboost
Occupation
Operator
Yes. In my case one of the modules in the vehicle had a fault. Resetting the modules cleared the issue and all was better. Much easier than a trip to the dealer where they will do the same thing.
Was it throwing any codes. Mine is not. Thanks for the input

OP
OP
Holody99

Holody99

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 , platinum, 2023 PowerBoost platinum
Occupation
Mechanic
No codes , I’m hoping it’s just a software issue , ?

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I cringe seeing that heading....

Ford needs to develop a hybrid bypass to get the truck running strickly on the engine. Obviously many issues can comoletely disable the truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I cringe seeing that heading....

Ford needs to develop a hybrid bypass to get the truck running strickly on the engine. Obviously many issues can comoletely disable the truck.
Completely agree.
Some kind of ICE-only "limp mode".

Afterall, there IS a fully functional 3.5 Ecoboost drivetrain under the hood.

Mikzego

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 power boost
Occupation
Retired
My 23 PB first did this around 700 miles. Did it again 3 more times before 2500 miles and less than 3 months of ownership. No codes in truck or on ford pass. Dealer service had a slew of errors each time but fixed nothing. Said they can’t duplicate. On a road trip with it now waiting for it to happen again and it will. Love the truck on the road, great mileage and loads of power but I don’t trust this truck at all. Last ford I will ever buy due to ford dealership experience. They are good on my 22 mustang gt but they have no clue on troubleshooting or repairing a hybrid.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
My 23 PB first did this around 700 miles. Did it again 3 more times before 2500 miles and less than 3 months of ownership. No codes in truck or on ford pass. Dealer service had a slew of errors each time but fixed nothing. Said they can’t duplicate. On a road trip with it now waiting for it to happen again and it will. Love the truck on the road, great mileage and loads of power but I don’t trust this truck at all. Last ford I will ever buy due to ford dealership experience. They are good on my 22 mustang gt but they have no clue on troubleshooting or repairing a hybrid.
Exactly. Ford has produced a product that the dealerships can't properly or are flat unable to diagnose.

I get comments about my 6.2l engine with lifter failures. Guess what, I'll take a lifter failure over the Powerboost issues. The engine is a known fix. Replace failed lifter and related parts and it's fixed. It would be frustrating but at least it would be in and out....fixed.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I too might take the GM lifter issue over a Powerboost issue that the dealership is clueless about fixing.

But I don't have any issues with the 2 (3) Powerboosts that I have (had). And statistically many many thousands of Powerboost owners are having a similar ownership experience.

For me personally, GM, nor anyone else currently offers anything that could substitute for the Mighty Powerboost. :)
Sponsored