Sponsored

March 8th Build Week

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
Following the previous similar threads I thought I would start this one.
Ordered my Platinum, SQ, Powerboost, on 9/22, received a VIN on 2/9 (140 days). Today, 2/11 I received a build date of March 8. And so it continues!
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Ordered my Platinum, SQ, Powerboost, on 9/22, received a VIN on 2/9 (140 days). Today, 2/11 I received a build date of March 8. And so it continues!
Damn, you’ve been waiting even longer than me. Did you get a “build week” or an exact “build date”? I learned the hard way those are two very different things....

Henryrlee

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F-150 platinum ordered 2004 F350 2021 plt exp
Occupation
Us army retired
I ordered a platinum October 1st and still nothing

Matt12

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Malibu (and an ordered 2021 F150 Lariat)
Following this thread. Ordered 9/17/21, VIN around 12/24, and production week of 3/8 was given to me last week (prior to the chip shortages hit the news). Hoping mine doesn't get pushed any further. 6 months from order to delivery is plenty!

VIN: 1FTFW1E81MKD38174

OP
OP
Vpswcci

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Damn, you’ve been waiting even longer than me. Did you get a “build week” or an exact “build date”? I learned the hard way those are two very different things....
Since 3/8 is a Monday I assume it’s build week. Interesting that the on line tracker has not been updated yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vpswcci

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered a platinum October 1st and still nothing
For what it’s worth. In my case it seems I may have been too patient. i have not been a pest only inquiring once a month. I think a light bulb went on at the dealership that this was excessive after 4 months so they contacted their Ford Rep (~1/28) who said he would contact the Scheduling Dept. Low and behold on 2/9 I got the VIN and on 2/11 got my Build week/day.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Since 3/8 is a Monday I assume it’s build week. Interesting that the on line tracker has not been updated yet.
I’m tentatively 3/3 so far which is a Wednesday, so hopefully I’m locked in. No tracker update (Ford or VIN) for me either...

Brent

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 EB FX4
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
ANOTHER UNHAPPY CUSTOMER- LATE DELIVERY- CHANGING DATES

I ordered Lariat SB FX4 Max Towing, wheel liners, in late December and finally received a VIN# and then determined my Order # thanks to the forum, but the information on the tracker is incomplete and confusing.

Apparently my truck was build March 9 but it is apparently sitting in Kansas City, I suspect it is sitting waiting for parts. There is no transit date, there is no shipping date, there was an estimated end date of April 21, but today that has changed to May 5.

NOT IMPRESSED- NO REASON OR INFORMATION SUPPLIED.

I am starting to think my truck is waiting for parts and since I must have it before the end of April, it looks like I am going to pull the plug.

Trying to understand the lack of communication and customer service, but I cannot.

Ford Canada- Wayne Pitman Ford, Guelph, Ontario

VIN # 1FTFW1E87MKD52015 ORDER# E001

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager
ANOTHER UNHAPPY CUSTOMER- LATE DELIVERY- CHANGING DATES

I ordered Lariat SB FX4 Max Towing, wheel liners, in late December and finally received a VIN# and then determined my Order # thanks to the forum, but the information on the tracker is incomplete and confusing.

Apparently my truck was build March 9 but it is apparently sitting in Kansas City, I suspect it is sitting waiting for parts. There is no transit date, there is no shipping date, there was an estimated end date of April 21, but today that has changed to May 5.

NOT IMPRESSED- NO REASON OR INFORMATION SUPPLIED.

I am starting to think my truck is waiting for parts and since I must have it before the end of April, it looks like I am going to pull the plug.

Trying to understand the lack of communication and customer service, but I cannot.

Ford Canada- Wayne Pitman Ford, Guelph, Ontario

VIN # 1FTFW1E87MKD52015 ORDER# E001
I feel you Brent, Ordered in Nov, got VIN on Feb 19th with a build date of March 5th which was actually the 8th. At that point it showed ETA of March 23rd, then that changed to Apr 20th and now TBD. I have contacted my dealer, Ford Corporate directly and no one can give me any answers as to why and I am at Day 131, my lease ends on Apr 2nd (lol) not gonna see it by then so I am left with the option of extending and waiting it out or go with option B

Same "Trying to understand the lack of communication and customer service, but I cannot." I cannot understand it either

Ford F-150 March 8th Build Week screenshot_20210326_112720_chrome_dee9dee26c781101102ca25bfc536f4466503703
Sponsored