OP

Mont1414

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
If you have VIN you can check with this sheet.
1633361266766.png
Dealer never gave me a vin yet. I officially signed the papers September 8th but I was told they already had placed my order for the truck prior to me signing. Then when I emailed asking about the 2022 models a couple days ago they simply told me mine was locked in to be build nov8th.
Sponsored

BigBluegen14

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
I had this thought too. I did a KBB value on the first and second year Gen 13 F-150 for comparison, the 2nd year truck with everything else staying the same has right at a $1k higher trade in value. That should be a similar comparison in the Gen 14 five years from now. I actually think in the real world it could be less of a difference - 10 years from nobody is going to be searching out a 2022 F-150, they will be buying what best fits their needs and is available at the time they are looking to purchase.

Now there is value in getting use of the truck months earlier. Only you can decide if that $1k or so is worth it to you for the few extra months of use you get.

When you get to around 10 years most ppl focus on mileage. So getting ours just before the 2022 start hitting the streets will be like having a whole years worth of miles less than others which could improve the value.