Lug Nut Length?

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
I ordered some aftermarket wheels (Weld Chasm W103) and have been going crazy trying to figure out lug nuts. I know OEM's wont fit. The guy from Weld said I need 60 degree conical lug nuts (Acorn), but that's all the info he gave me.

I have them in my garage now and see that the biggest socket that will fit is a 19mm , so I guess I need a 19mm or 3/4 inch hex lug nut in 14.X1.5.

I know I want high quality black chrome so I think I am going to order some Gorillas if I can find some. There are two kits (20 lug nuts, 4 wheel locks) in black chrome that are 3/4 inch. These aren't spline drive, but I don't really understand that anyway and read hex nuts are more durable.

Anyway there are two lengths. 1.4 inches and 1.9 inches. I have no idea which one to get. I don't want them to stick out and look stupid, but they need to be long enough as well.

So two questions....probably dumb ones, but I promise I've looked.

1. These would work ,right? They aren't cheap so I assume they are good.
2. Which length would you guys order?

Ford F-150 Lug Nut Length? chasm-w103
Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
The thickness of the wheel and the length of the stud should be considered to choose the correct length lug nuts. I would remove the factory wheel,place the new aftermarket wheel and try to get a measurment on the length of exposed stud threads protruding from wheel and go from there to make your choice

OP
OP
guppydriver

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
The thickness of the wheel and the length of the stud should be considered to choose the correct length lug nuts. I would remove the factory wheel,place the new aftermarket wheel and try to get a measurment on the length of exposed stud threads protruding from wheel and go from there to make your choice
Thanks for the input. Would the offset make a difference? Mine are plus +20

I suppose I could order both lengths online and just return the one I don't use. It's just hard because I will (eventually) just drop the truck off at Discount tire in the AM and pick it up when it's done. Hopefully they remember to call and ask before just grabbing one of the bags and throwing them on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
guppydriver

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Nice wheels!
Thanks. In the ultimate microcosm of my life, they have been sitting in my garage for two weeks, and I just noticed they went on sale to "buy two get two free". My timing has been awful with all things this truck, but hopefully I will have it soon!!

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Thanks for the input. Would the offset make a difference? Mine are plus +20

I suppose I could order both lengths online and just return the one I don't use. It's just hard because I will (eventually) just drop the truck off at Discount tire in the AM and pick it up when it's done. Hopefully they remember to call and ask before just grabbing one of the bags and throwing them on.
offset of the wheel will not not make ant difference in the length of the the studs.. the exposed length of the stud threads is what will need to be measured

OP
OP
guppydriver

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Well shoot....

I actually called Gorilla directly and good thing. They didn't recommend either of those I was talking about. They gave a part number for some spline lug nuts, so I'll guess that's what I'll do. She was familiar with my wheels , so I'll just do what she said. 2 inches it is.
Sponsored