Sponsored

Lowering shackles with CCD suspension

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I installed 1.5" lowering shakes on my CCD equipped truck. All appears to be just fine, but I have reason to wonder now. I may have to reinstall the factory shackles to take some measurements I didn't know I might need.

Anyhow, as I said all appeared fine until one day I looked at my not needed, never used, likely never will use onboard scales. Sitting empty my truck is over loaded and in the red. I'm thinking the suspension/ride height sensors are sensing the bed being lower thinking there is weight in the truck. Your thoughts?

Before I go and reverse my lowering job I figure I can test with a couple of floor jacks. I think I can start jacking up the frame from the rear to "lift" the suspension and check the onboard scales again. If the scale weight goes down then I'll know the sensors need to be adjusted somehow someway.

Ford F-150 Lowering shackles with CCD suspension IMG_20230813_223512
Sponsored

mdomicolo

First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ F-150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Union Electrician
I was told you can reset your sensors and ride height through forscan for your new height. I also saw guys doing this after leveling their front ends

OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm just trying what I think is a logical test.

Ford F-150 Lowering shackles with CCD suspension 20230815_104904

After installing 1.5" lowering shackles my onboard scales say I'm overloaded; which of course I am not. I jacked the truck up to see if the load lightened and as expected it did. The weight went down to "zero". I discovered that I do not have the lever/link type ride height sensor. I was hoping I could just use an adjustable link to re-zero my ride height. Ride height must be measured in the CCD shock package itself. The truck isn't really measuring weight. It's measuring height and converting that into an estimated weight.

So now my quest is to find out if ride height...rear ride height...with CCD can be adjusted to user parameters. Yes or no? If this can be done with FORScan, please direct me. I'm familiar with and can use FORScan.

I really can't tell a ride difference between stock height and lowered height. It feels the same to me. I guess my butt dyno doesn't work for suspension. I do wonder if the CCD has permanently firmed up my suspension because it is sensing a compressed shock; weight in the truck. This is my real concern. I ordered the onboard scales, but quickly realized the feature is all but smoke and mirrors. I don't really care what the onboard scales think. I do care and want the CCD suspension to work properly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've searched Livnitup's FORScan spreadsheet for CCD references and I found nothing that makes me think a particular field would change the ride height setting in the truck. An avenue I haven't checked is asking my local dealer. I'm not confident of querying their knowledge beyond at oil change. Don't get me wrong. They're a competent shop, but the dealer won't know the answer to my question. They'll have to research it and it is this I'm not confident they will do. Won't hurt to try though. Another option is making a call (likely multiple calls) to Ford.
Sponsored