First Name
Rawle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 limited
Occupation
Retired
The sad part is that there is an issue and we are all reaching out, trying to find a solution. Persons are asking for VIN, which I and many others are unwilling to do. Ford can always contact my dealership to bring in my vehicle once a solution is found or they can provide a loaner and use my vehicle until they find a solution.
This is a very dangerous problem and I do hope a solution is found very fast.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You want a solution while posting on a forum, but are unwilling to share your VIN with someone aiming to help?

Or am I missing something?

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
The sad part is that there is an issue and we are all reaching out, trying to find a solution. Persons are asking for VIN, which I and many others are unwilling to do. Ford can always contact my dealership to bring in my vehicle once a solution is found or they can provide a loaner and use my vehicle until they find a solution.
You realize anyone can walk up to your truck and take a picture of your VIN on your windshield, right?

And if you go through the effort to cover it up, all someone would need is Google and your plate numbers and they have your VIN. If someone isn’t savvy enough to do it on the internet, they could do it the old fashioned way by asking their buddy in law enforcement to run the plates. This information is easily accessible and not private whatsoever.

You are only hurting yourself by not sharing your VIN with the people on here who are generous enough to take time out of their own lives to try to help out.

financegirl23

First Name
Ronicq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Ford Dealership Finance Manager
My truck now has over 100k, the extended warranty has expired and the issue continues. My vehilcle is serviced at Scarsdale Ford in NY, and like your dealership, no defect found.

My dealership has found the failure we just don't have a fix for it yet. Scarsdale Ford should have record of you bringing this to their attention. Can you send me your vin number? My service department is going to send the vin numbers to to Field Service Engineer that is working on this.

financegirl23

First Name
Ronicq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

RO's don't get reported to Ford if the service department could not recreate the issue. If you don't want to share the vin number that is fine I'm just literally trying to help you. Your choice. We will be sending all the vin numbers anyone has sent in this thread to the Field Service Engineer next week. I you send your vin the dealership you have taken it to can pull the RO's where they attempted to diagnosis it but close the RO because no failure found. It doesn't matter to me if you send the vin # but Ford will find a fix for my truck and I will post it here.

We can't call your dealership to obtain information if we don't have your vin or full name that is in their system.

Sponsored

F150Comfort

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew Powerboost Limited, 2015 F150
Occupation
service business
Follow up report. Our vehicle has not been one that demonstrated driver "repeatability", there is nothing I can do to force the non acceleration issue. But Saturday March 23 during extensive in town driving with stop & go multiple turn less than 25mph traffic (run on sentence)... we had several occurrences.
The worst on that day was a right hand turn with a full city block inability to accelerate. Wednesday March 27 I drove 65 miles to Sioux Falls, entered into city traffic, attended meeting, home again with no issue at all.
Just info to add. And Oh.. I did not engage sport mode at any time or 4a as another suggested. I am still leaving it in 2h to see if the vehicle is learning our "new owner" driving style. The former owner put the 65,000 miles on it between 11-21 to 2-24. We are very low mile in town people for the most part.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Follow up report. Our vehicle has not been one that demonstrated driver "repeatability", there is nothing I can do to force the non acceleration issue. But Saturday March 23 during extensive in town driving with stop & go multiple turn less than 25mph traffic (run on sentence)... we had several occurrences.
The worst on that day was a right hand turn with a full city block inability to accelerate. Wednesday March 27 I drove 65 miles to Sioux Falls, entered into city traffic, attended meeting, home again with no issue at all.
Just info to add. And Oh.. I did not engage sport mode at any time or 4a as another suggested. I am still leaving it in 2h to see if the vehicle is learning our "new owner" driving style. The former owner put the 65,000 miles on it between 11-21 to 2-24. We are very low mile in town people for the most part.
Did you update it to the latest PCM file?

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Have you tried fully disabling traction/stability control? Weather allowing, fully disable every time you drive the truck. If the low power/limp mode doesn't re-occur it narrows our list of suspects.

Maybe you have a fuel delivery issue of some sort, but my money is on the software. My properly functioning truck will cut power during a turn if I stomp the gas at the wrong moment and it takes more than a few seconds to give throttle control back to me. It seems your trucks' traction/stability is far too sensitive and needs re-calibrating or perhaps a sensor is failing.

If all this has been covered ad nauseum I apologize.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
What would really speed things along is your social security #
;)

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
What would really speed things along is your social security #
;)
Sadly with all the data breaches to financial institutions, cell phone providers, and other companies his social is probably out there somewhere on the internet as well.

Sponsored

financegirl23

First Name
Ronicq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I can tell you learning new owner will have nothing to do with this failure. If it fails in regular mode you can turn the dial to Sport mode and it will shift instantly when the mode changes. I am now going to have my service department put the flight recorder back in my truck this weekend so I can record it failing since my does this multiple times a day and daily. Yesterday for the first time it failed going straight after a stop light which is has not done in the 5 months I've been experiencing this only when turning. While the flight recorder is in and it fails I'm going to push the button to record then flip the turn dial to Sport mode to see what data we can send the Ford Field Service Engineer who already has 8 recordings on my F150. All the programming updates have been done on my truck.

For safety now I will drive my truck mostly in Sport Mode so I don't get rear-ended.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
I had this happen to me a handful of times in my old ‘21. I’m very familiar with what you’re describing.

foot to the floor no boost 0-55 mph.
instead of getting 430hp you got 250hp at best. The boost gauge would be 0 the whole way.

Figured the updates would gotten it straightened out tho.

it was in 2wd tc-on when it did this.

LuckyTrucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat Powerboost
I've had my truck since Jan '23. It was happening occasionally. The past few months though, it has been happening more often. Not sure if it was affected by an OTA or something.

Same scenarios as others have posted. Mostly when turning slowly and coasting with no accelerator applied then when you press it nothing happens. Truck just idles for 4-5 seconds and won't go when pressing the gas pedal. One place it happened regularly - leaving a parking lot and there's a dip between the parking lot and the road, coast through the dip, turn and try to accelerate on the road and nothing. Have also had it happen when going over big speed bumps in parking garage. Seems like some type of safety mechanism kicking in prematurely or something. One time I coasted very slowly through a red light to turn right. Once I was through the turn it was dead, luckily there was no close traffic because I couldn't accelerate.

Yesterday it happened at the end of a school zone. Going 18-20mph, straight dry pavement, coasting at the end of the zone then hit the gas lightly but it was dead and had to coast for another 4-5 seconds before it would respond.

@financegirl23 I'm going to send you my VIN. I haven't gone to the dealer about this yet but I might call them this afternoon. If it keeps happening often it could get dangerous.

Last edited:

financegirl23

First Name
Ronicq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
UPDATE on my Powerboost. The Ford Service Engineer (FSE) had my service department put the flight recorder back in my truck and I recorded 4 recording in different scenerios after my service department did several things the FSE has suggested to do. My truck is still failing and now will fail going straight not just turning. Looks like the FSE will be making a trip to our dealership this coming Monday to drive my truck and I pray it fails so he can see what it is doing. I will continue to update and we will be giving him any additional vin numbers that are posted in this thread.
Sponsored