First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lariat Powerboost, 2021 Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired AF Fighter Pilot
I have a 2022 Ford Lariat that has an air conditioner that freezes up. Normally AC units freeze up due to LOW refrigerant level so I went to the dealer. He said he could "work me in" on August 2, about a month later. I met the scheduled date and still the truck sit in the Dealer's lot waiting for a technician for another whole week. I get the truck back with the RO showing they LOWERED the coolant amount. The next day I drive the truck 50-miles to find out (as expected) the freezing problem is worse now. I go back to the Dealer that day where I am told they will try to "work me in" on September 28. I have to wonder if FMC knows what is going on out in the "field"! I buy a new truck from a Dealer, I try to get it fixed by the same Dealer, I discover the problem in July, and I expected to wait to the end of September to get it fixed simply because the mechanic had no idea what he was doing?
Sponsored

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Warranty work does not need to be done by the dealer to have it covered and I have four Ford dealers within a 45 minute drive from my house. When on dealer is a flake I find another one.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Your dealer and techs are morons for everything in your post. Try another!

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
I never take a vehicle back to a dealer for a “second try,” having experienced a few factory defects compounded by service department diagnostic errors. If they didn’t get it right the first time, chances are good they won’t on the second try, either. Try another dealer…unless you live somewhere so remote that’s not an option, that’s often the quickest way to solve an “I don’t know how to troubleshoot“ issue at a service department. Unless it’s an open ticket type situation, it usually doesn’t matter what dealer does the service as far as Ford cares. I’ve been to a lot of dealerships due to a lot of moves over the years, and I find some dealer service departments are great all around, some have strengths and weaknesses (like maybe they’re great with transmissions but lousy with diesels), and some are just useless. If you find yourself out of your service department‘s depth, don’t let them use your vehicle as their learning tool, move along to the next dealer.

mazeppa

First Name
Y = X/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL F150 2.7 4x4 RCLB
Last edited: