First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 3.5 Supercrew
Occupation
Pilot
I was originally a taco guy and had a 02 and 08. Then I bought a 2014 F150 super crew FX4 and never considered a Toyota again. Just traded in my 14 for a 22 lariet super crew. I already made some slight changes to the appearance nothing big but I figured I would share some of these mods in case someone wants to do the same.

The first mod I do on every truck affordable and makes a small difference in appearance the 7 inch rydonair antenna bought it on Amazon.

Ceramic tint on the two front windows ( just for aesthetics for now I'm going to do all the windows in ceramic because it does cut down in the heat) clear on the windshield

Under cover armor flex ( in the past trucks I have had I always had the one piece hinged old school undercover)

Bed rug bed mat ( I am going to line-x in the future and keep the bed rug on top)

And just recently I swapped out my tow mirror skull caps from chrome to black ordered them from my local ford dealership I installed them myself so if you have questions let me know

I am looking to black out all of the chrome I can on this truck ( not a fan of chrome at all)

Has anyone modified the fender vents I'm looking at swapping them out with blacked out F150 / Lariet badges same goes for the ford logos

Ford F-150 New to the Forum !! FCD76DD1-AA85-44DE-ADB3-63D2BCD98C09

Ford F-150 New to the Forum !! 92D890F9-615D-40D2-931B-F062EC850E76
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Welcome and good luck with the new truck!

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I'm a no chrome guy as well. I swapped my chrome tow mirror caps and paited the tailpipe cap satin black. That made a bigger difference than I expected.
I've debated on blacking out the Lariat chrome on the badge, haven’t decided on it yet though.

OP
OP
Painandgain69

Painandgain69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
I'm a no chrome guy as well. I swapped my chrome tow mirror caps and paited the tailpipe cap satin black. That made a bigger difference than I expected.
I've debated on blacking out the Lariat chrome on the badge, haven’t decided on it yet though.
Nice! Yeah man swapped the cap yesterday. When I picked them up from ford I just asked if they could swap them because if something breaks it would be under warranty. They quoted me $130 to swap them. I went home and did it under 5 mins. The old chrome caps clips broke off. Did you have a similar experience?

Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
I was originally a taco guy and had a 02 and 08. Then I bought a 2014 F150 super crew FX4 and never considered a Toyota again. Just traded in my 14 for a 22 lariet super crew. I already made some slight changes to the appearance nothing big but I figured I would share some of these mods in case someone wants to do the same.

The first mod I do on every truck affordable and makes a small difference in appearance the 7 inch rydonair antenna bought it on Amazon.

Ceramic tint on the two front windows ( just for aesthetics for now I'm going to do all the windows in ceramic because it does cut down in the heat) clear on the windshield

Under cover armor flex ( in the past trucks I have had I always had the one piece hinged old school undercover)

Bed rug bed mat ( I am going to line-x in the future and keep the bed rug on top)

And just recently I swapped out my tow mirror skull caps from chrome to black ordered them from my local ford dealership I installed them myself so if you have questions let me know

I am looking to black out all of the chrome I can on this truck ( not a fan of chrome at all)

Has anyone modified the fender vents I'm looking at swapping them out with blacked out F150 / Lariet badges same goes for the ford logos

FCD76DD1-AA85-44DE-ADB3-63D2BCD98C09.jpeg

92D890F9-615D-40D2-931B-F062EC850E76.jpeg
For the front and rear Ford logos I went with vinyl overlays from a guy on Etsy. Only covers the blue so you still have a chrome ring around it but I think it still looks sharp and way cheaper than replacing the badges all together. Here is how mine look (disregard the different ARB light trim, I was deciding which looked better with the red tow hooks - I went with black):
Ford F-150 New to the Forum !! PXL_20220724_233626136_2

OP
OP
Painandgain69

Painandgain69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
For the front and rear Ford logos I went with vinyl overlays from a guy on Etsy. Only covers the blue so you still have a chrome ring around it but I think it still looks sharp and way cheaper than replacing the badges all together. Here is how mine look (disregard the different ARB light trim, I was deciding which looked better with the red tow hooks - I went with black):
PXL_20220724_233626136_2.jpg
Dude that looks awesome that build is sexy!! I'll look into the stickers. How long have you had them on and have you noticed any chipping or fading on the color? My truck isn't garage kept so a major concern is fading for me

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Nice! Yeah man swapped the cap yesterday. When I picked them up from ford I just asked if they could swap them because if something breaks it would be under warranty. They quoted me $130 to swap them. I went home and did it under 5 mins. The old chrome caps clips broke off. Did you have a similar experience?
On the 1st, learned my lesson for the 2nd.
The chrome caps are so out of place on the sport appearance package

Ford F-150 New to the Forum !! IMG_20220805_181148_01

Ford F-150 New to the Forum !! 20220727_151858

OP
OP
Painandgain69

Painandgain69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
On the 1st, learned my lesson for the 2nd.
The chrome caps are so out of place on the sport appearance package

IMG_20220805_181148_01.jpg

20220727_151858.jpg
Right?? I saw a thread recently about the Black Out Package I'm not sure if that was a limited run on the 22 but you can buy all the specific parts from the dealer. If I would have know I would have purchased and made it part of the deal

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Dude that looks awesome that build is sexy!! I'll look into the stickers. How long have you had them on and have you noticed any chipping or fading on the color? My truck isn't garage kept so a major concern is fading for me
Thanks! I've had them on since late summer/early fall last year so they've been through a Montana winter and this summer without any issues. My truck lives outside year round as well. Now our summers aren't as intense as Alabama but so far I've been very pleased.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Painandgain69

Painandgain69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Thanks! I've had them on since late summer/early fall last year so they've been through a Montana winter and this summer without any issues. My truck lives outside year round as well. Now our summers aren't as intense as Alabama but so far I've been very pleased.
Good to know thanks! Also just ordered wheel well liners from ford with my pass points. Just to clean up the look int h back. Kinda ridiculous they don't come stock

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Welcome to the site!
Sponsored