Ford survey after 1 year of ownership

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Just got an online survey from Ford at the 1 year point for my Feb '21 PB King Ranch. I was mostly positive but I let them have it for the fuel door (post) failure (bad design) and BlueCruise software delay (after spending $995 for the hardware). Anyone else get the survey?
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Yes. Indicated that I wasn't happy with the Powerboost. The ground and the fact I was without it for a total of 6 weeks because of an electric motor problem that took forever to guess on the fix.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Feedback items on my list if/when I get a survey...

1) Console shifter is noisy and flimsy - either stick with column shifter or use a dial.
2) Bonded neutral geny - provide option for floating.
3) 4A not available in XLT - I do not want leather (Lariat) in Florida, but it rains all the time.
4) LED taillights should be standard in any 2021+ vehicle.

Edit: And these were things I knew when I bought, but still would like to provide the feedback to them if they ask.

Last edited:

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
I like the shifter on the console--don't put it up and down. Rented a Ram with a dial and was worried I would change the radio station and put it in reverse accidentally. Totally agree with the XLT 4A--seemed like that would be a no brainer for them to have them all the same instead of stripping the 4A on 4X4s and agree with the LED lights. Also think they should have some kind of step up into the truck, not that step and handle thing that some of the models have but simply a cut into the bumper like a competitor previously had.

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Just got it last week and provided feedback around the fact that while I really like the truck, how it drives, the technology and features there were a few issues that are frustrating and would make me hesitate to buy another Ford vehicle, this being my fourth new car purchase of a Ford / Lincoln product;
1. The recent 11/13 software update, my ability to access Sirius XM through the screen has gone even though I have the app, won't respond. They are working on a fix for this and hope to have an update soon. Have to say while it took a while to get the right people involved they are now providing frequent updates on the status of the...uhhh....update.
2. The whole towing capacity debacle and the fact that there's not more clarity on what specifically is included down to specific parts that separate the various tow packages, especially tow tech and trailer tow on higher level trucks. The trailer tow is included on the Canadian trucks, why not US and why the upcharge for a lack of clarity on what exactly adds 4k lbs of capacity that is suggested in their own tow guide? The things suggested in this forum and others simply don't justify a 4klb difference and no one to date has provided specific part numbers. Do I need it to pull more than 7k? Would I hesitate to pull more than that if need be? No but like alot of other folks on this forum simply want to know.
3. The delayed blue cruise availability for earlier builds like mine. Primarily bought the truck for trips to the lake and this would be a great feature to have and one of the many reasons I bought the truck to begin with.
4. Lack of sound deadening in the roof between the sunroof and top of windshield. When it rains it gets very loud. Small gripe but something that stands out to me every time it rains.

Overall even with the above the truck does everything I need it to do and way more. There are growing pains with the tech especially but Ford needs to fire whomever is in charge of the towing capacity guides / selectors along with those that made a decision to charge people for a redundant tow package if in fact the differences turn out to be zero.
Sponsored