Lift and fuel economy

Captain Chaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 screw
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I've searched and not found the answer I'm looking for, it's probably out there, I just can't find it. So on to my question, I have a 22 STX, 4x4, 2.7 with 3.55 gears. I'm looking for real world mpg results after a level has been installed. I'll be using factory size tires, (275/60/20) but a slightly more aggressive all terrain. I'm leaning towards the falken rubitrek, and I've already checked the weight and there about the same as the factory tire. I would like to do a 2" level strut, and rear shocks. I'm curious how bad of a hit I'm going to take, I have a really log drive to and from work, and if the mileage is going to hell, I might have to wait to a later date when I move closer to work.
I have had lifted trucks in the past, a Ford ranger, a 05 f150, and a 01 f250. In the past I did not really care about mileage, but in my current situation, I have to. So does anyone have some real word results to share? Appreciate it....
Sponsored

Gutshot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT screw
Occupation
Aggregate junkie
2 mpg to start, my truck isn’t set up the same as yours, so not a real comparison.
4x4,3.5EB,6.5 bed, 2” lever kit with BFG KO2’s.

Waveslider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SCREW Lariat 4WD
I had almost no difference in MPG after doing coilover leveling kit, maybe 1 mpg at worse. That was while I still had my stock wheels and tires on the truck. However, since I put on the Load E Ridge Grapplers I have noticed a significant difference. I haven’t calculated anything, my experience is just referencing the truck’s mpg on the dash.
I have a Powerboost so your mileage may vary with the 2.7.

OP
OP
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 screw
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Good to hear that the level kit didn't hurt much, as far as the tires go, I'm sticking with stock size and weight, so I'm hoping it doesn't hurt too much..
Sponsored