BDS Lift and Powerboost Powertrain Warranty

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
I know there‘s endless threads discussing lifts and warranties, but I’m curious what others here think about slapping a BDS lift on a truck with a brand new powertrain. Am I losing my warranty, such that any issues or faults related to the hybrid system will automatically result in me having to pay for diagnostics and repairs? I’d really like that 4” lift for looks and proper suspension geometry, but would it be safer to just stick with a 2.5-3” lift and level on a Powerboost truck?
Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
My experience has been the relationship with your dealership (one you purchased it from). There are some service managers that will fix your truck if it's not directly related to the supension lift - others will run you off for the sake of it. I like the BDS - leveling kit. With all of the suspension componets - I'm not ready to take a 70K+ truck & lift it. Leveling it would be find - as my reasearch has found many have done it and no issues for leveling.

Grussell59

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
I know there‘s endless threads discussing lifts and warranties, but I’m curious what others here think about slapping a BDS lift on a truck with a brand new powertrain. Am I losing my warranty, such that any issues or faults related to the hybrid system will automatically result in me having to pay for diagnostics and repairs? I’d really like that 4” lift for looks and proper suspension geometry, but would it be safer to just stick with a 2.5-3” lift and level on a Powerboost truck?
Town and Country Ford in Alabama is a BDS dealer through their TC Customs. They install a lot of lift kits and they prefer BDS over other brands. It would seem that if their was an issue with voiding warranties they wouldn't be installing them. https://www.alabamaford.com/tccustoms.html

- 4" lift kit

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Just note (a fact) that BDS did work with Ford hand-in-hand in their lift kits for the 2021 F150s
Sponsored