Keyless Entry (Tailgate Release) not working

PolishT247

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB
I recently lost the ability to release the tailgate by pressing 5-6 on the keypad after entering my five digit code. Can anyone else open the tailgate from the keypad?
Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I recently lost the ability to release the tailgate by pressing 5-6 on the keypad after entering my five digit code. Can anyone else open the tailgate from the keypad?
I was curious since I'd not tried this yet, so I just went out and tested it.....successfully.
I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but I paused just long enough for the doors to unlock before I hit the 5-6 to open the tailgate.

OP
OP
PolishT247

PolishT247

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB
I just tried it again with no luck. Pressed 5-6 key right after the doors unlocked.

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I just tried it again with no luck. Pressed 5-6 key right after the doors unlocked.
May be time to schedule a visit to your dealership. Sorry :(

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I don't know if this will help either, but occasionally my tailgate gets out of sync with the sync4 setting.

I have to set it to manual when I hitch my trailer, and set back to power when I unhitch. However, I find that it "forgets" the setting sometimes and even though I set it to manual, it still does power. It has also once refused to do power when I set it back to power.

The way I have found to fix it is to go into the sync4 menu and switch the power tailgate setting, then switch it back to what I want again. That seems to sync it back up.

Long story short, your power setting may be out of sync, so try flipping it to manual and back to power and see if it helps?

jpsutka

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
I don't know if this will help either, but occasionally my tailgate gets out of sync with the sync4 setting.

I have to set it to manual when I hitch my trailer, and set back to power when I unhitch. However, I find that it "forgets" the setting sometimes and even though I set it to manual, it still does power. It has also once refused to do power when I set it back to power.

The way I have found to fix it is to go into the sync4 menu and switch the power tailgate setting, then switch it back to what I want again. That seems to sync it back up.

Long story short, your power setting may be out of sync, so try flipping it to manual and back to power and see if it helps?
I had similar issue… ill try your fix. Thx
Sponsored