Sponsored

Katzkin- what's the consensus?

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
Have a '22 XL with cloth seats. Actually love the seats. My only grip is not the comfort, or the quality, just that I am constantly at the beach, have kids/girlfriend in the car, and I am an OCD freak and don't love how hard they are to clean. Steamer or extractor is needed to really get them clean whilst with a primarily vinyl seat I could just spray some cleaner on a microfiber and clean them like new in seconds. They also would retain odors less than the cloth seats.

Is there anyone who has regretted having their seats katzkin'd? I love my truck so much I am worried about tinkering with anything else at this point. Also, should I go non perforated if I don't add in cooled seats? I am undecided on the heated seats, if I did I would only do the drivers.

If it matters, I live in south FL and it gets HOT down here.
Sponsored

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
I did Katzkin on my last Lariat. Already had OEM heated and cooled seats so couldn't tell you if their own system is any good. I went with the premium 100% leather, all panels. The efficiency of the cooled seats did become less, that was noticeable.

Besides that, the seat covers were incredible. I pulled the seats out complete and swapped with my Dad's Lariat before I traded my truck in and the seats still smell like a leather handbag and look great.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
got a buddy with Katzkins in his XLT. its a company truck and the covers were installed by the dealer. his are non perf as he doesnt have cooled seats. BUT, from the feel and look of these I think the leather might be even better than the factory leather. They are really that nice. other than that I have no idea what level of Katzkin or how much it costs etc. but every time I get in I notice how nice the leather is.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
Factory leather is hardly leather. Katzkin entry level is mostly synthetic as well.

OP
OP

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
Factory leather is hardly leather. Katzkin entry level is mostly synthetic as well.
I actually prefer this since it’s easier to clean vinyl

Sponsored

chandler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost FX4
Absolutely 100% worth it IMO. I'm in the same boat as you.. i'm up in the Tampa area and super easy to clean up after being out on the boat/beach. Mine are heated but not cooled and I went with perforated

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
To jump in on this thread, can you see/feel their leather somewhere in person? Don’t like the idea of picking it out online

Thebear

First Name
Kodiak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport (Hybrid 3.5L)
Got them in my 2021 XLT and have never looked back. Amazing level of comfort and they just look better than the cloth. Very durable and love how you can add some additional color/personality into the interior. I have a Lariat Lightning now and the leather is horrible. Thinking about replacing with Katzkin but they’re pricey. My wife won’t like it…

HeadBanger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 5.0
I'm sure that they're worth every penny and you'll be glad that you've spent the buck. For what you're looking for, it's probably the best bet. To me though, that's way too much for seat covers. It's too bad that there aren't a lot of options for the 60/40 split rear seat.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I dont think they are just seat covers, pretty sure they have to remove whatever is on there and replace. could be wrong, but the ones I have sat on are as tight as factory leather on every side and seam. not lumpy like my 70's sheepskins !!

Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I had them in my '14, and they were great. I would go with non-perf if sand is an issue, and I didn't want "cooled". But being in FL, the cooled would be a good option. I live in S.C. and use the cooled all the time. I have a lariat, but if the XLT had folding mirrors, I would have bought the XLT and added Katskinz.

FYI, when I went to the installer they had a room full of covers for XLTs that they were doing for the local dealers. Maybe you could contact an installer and go check out some samples.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
added to my STX, LOVE it

Ford F-150 Katzkin- what's the consensus? 276314173_7213495905387331_7172685236172855995_n

OP
OP

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
I just left the local katzkin shop. The leather quality is SUPERB. I was expecting to be disappointed and leave with no intention of getting it. I am either going with the Lunar Gray factory match (no perforation) or I am getting that perforated + degreez for +$1k.

Tbh $1k seems excessive for heated and cooled seats. I do live in FL, so I am undecided on that. But I am absolutely getting these seats. They also do not smell bad at all, I hate the noxious chemical smell some cheap leather gives off. These had almost no odor, and what they did have was not at all irritating.

So the only question- drop $1k on top of the 1600 installed cost for the heated/cooled seats. Hmm.

May need to consider a leather steering wheel swap as well. At this point my XL is gonna be a lariat.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Im on Oklahoma and didn't add the heated seats, was $350 for front two and $350 installed for rear.

Save the money and get the leather XLT steering wheel :)

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
I had Katzskins on a base LS Tahoe that I had and modded it up. The leather quality was WAY better than the OEM GM leather. In fact, the dealer I bought it from, after seeing it sent two more LS to the installer and marked them up $2,500 (install was about $1,200 in 2012). Leather quality was great.

I've often thought about getting an STX and adding Katskins and other mods. You can build out a really nice rig for around $50k this way.
Sponsored