ThiccFilA

ThiccFilA

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XL Rattler 3.5Eco
I know there are several dealers that subscribe to this forum. And I thought I have seen some Ford reps as well. Perhaps someone can explain what happened in the Rattler situation.
1) Announced in March 22.
2) Expected orders to begin Summer or Fall of 2022.
3) No other word from Ford on the Rattler since then.
4) 2023 F-150 configurator had no mention of the Rattler package.
5) Dealers were clueless on when orders would begin.

Something is definitely amiss here. I suspect this will migrate to other models as time goes on.
Hopefully somebody from Ford reads what happened in my situation, and can shed light on how that has not happened for more folks. I'm also very curious to see what happens in the future.
Sponsored

Docden

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT PB hybrid. 2018 Ford Flex
Occupation
Professor at University of Houston
I wrote a letter to Ford Customer relations. Let's see where that goes.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's a truck, why more/all of them do not have the vinyl floors is a mystery to me. I have a Lariat Mid and I wish it had vinyl floors.
I admit to buying 3 fully dressed trucks in a row (KingRanch/Platinum/KingRanch) and immediately after purchase I buy the aftermarket floormats that best cover up the carpet.
I don't think I've ever actually seen the carpet. So why not offer the vinyl floor for higher trim? :)

Ford F-150 Just received my 2023 XL Rattler! 20220912_163614

Last edited:

Baseballzg

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Edge, Ordered 2023 F150 Rattler
Hopefully somebody from Ford reads what happened in my situation, and can shed light on how that has not happened for more folks. I'm also very curious to see what happens in the future.
I was able to build mine on the configurator when it first opened online... 3 days later the Rattler options disappeared and the fx4 package was added instead... It was really wierd.

I actually never saw the Rattler options until I sat down with the dealer in July and it just made sense for what you get...

Still waiting on my Rattler... "Built" since 11/1....still awaiting shipment.

OP
OP
ThiccFilA

ThiccFilA

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was able to build mine on the configurator when it first opened online... 3 days later the Rattler options disappeared and the fx4 package was added instead... It was really wierd.

I actually never saw the Rattler options until I sat down with the dealer in July and it just made sense for what you get...

Still waiting on my Rattler... "Built" since 11/1....still awaiting shipment.
I live in MD, and truck was built at Dearborn. What state are you in, and which factory? I'm very glad to be riding in my truck at this point, but feel so bad for the countless people stuck in the same boat as you...

Sponsored

Baseballzg

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I live in MD, and truck was built at Dearborn. What state are you in, and which factory? I'm very glad to be riding in my truck at this point, but feel so bad for the countless people stuck in the same boat as you...
I'm in PA and built at the Dearborn plant... I'm on my 4th/5th ETA from the Ford chat. I've lost count at this point

OP
OP
ThiccFilA

ThiccFilA

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm in PA and built at the Dearborn plant... I'm on my 4th/5th ETA from the Ford chat. I've lost count at this point
That makes no sense to me. I’m probably a farther haul than you. Mind me asking what your build was? I took OFF the trailer tow package for just the Class IV hitch. I was told it would have Auto Start/Stop removed as well, so both of those saved on chips for Fors. Besides that it is barebones. I got the 3.5 Eco, not the Powerboost. Anything like that for your build? Did you add anything? I’d be curious to know

Baseballzg

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That makes no sense to me. I’m probably a farther haul than you. Mind me asking what your build was? I took OFF the trailer tow package for just the Class IV hitch. I was told it would have Auto Start/Stop removed as well, so both of those saved on chips for Fors. Besides that it is barebones. I got the 3.5 Eco, not the Powerboost. Anything like that for your build? Did you add anything? I’d be curious to know
I've got the Powerboost, running boards, enhanced sync 4, integrated brake control, co-pilot 360 2.0, led mirror spotlight, and class IV trailer hitch. I think that's all the different stuff that shows up on the window sticker

I think I've seen on other forums Powerboost being shipped so I don't know what the hold up is.. 10/27 blend date and built shown as 11/1... Everytime I chat with ford I get a new ETA.

Just hanging with the others playing the waiting game.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I’m sorry if someone already asked you this but does your arm rest open up for storage? I know when you fold the seats back up the part that you said I hope it’s up for storage down there but I’m talking about the one that you rest your arm on when that middle seat is not in use.

OP
OP
ThiccFilA

ThiccFilA

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m sorry if someone already asked you this but does your arm rest open up for storage? I know when you fold the seats back up the part that you said I hope it’s up for storage down there but I’m talking about the one that you rest your arm on when that middle seat is not in use.
That's a great question. The answer is not so great. The answer is no. My father owns an XLT (I think it's a 2018 or 2019) that does have storage on the upper "arm-rest" portion of the seat. I'm not sure why they removed that because I would've loved to have it there. Sadly, the only center storage is under the seat where the center passenger's butt goes.

Sponsored

Baseballzg

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I jumped ship... Found a used XLT with more options and will be cheaper. My23 just changed to shipped too... Incoming Rattler for sale

Ford F-150 Just received my 2023 XL Rattler! IMG_6148

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I jumped ship... Found a used XLT with more options and will be cheaper. My23 just changed to shipped too... Incoming Rattler for sale

IMG_6148.jpg
Beautiful truck. I doubt you'll regret your decision. What dealership did you order the Rattler from and what were the specs on the build? I am not far from you and wouldn't mind swinging by to check it out in person when it comes in. Congrats again on your new truck. (y)

Baseballzg

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Beautiful truck. I doubt you'll regret your decision. What dealership did you order the Rattler from and what were the specs on the build? I am not far from you and wouldn't mind swinging by to check it out in person when it comes in. Congrats again on your new truck. (y)
Masano Ford - Shilliington

Hopefully the pic is alright - color is avalanche

Ford F-150 Just received my 2023 XL Rattler! Screenshot_20221205-094028_Acrobat for Samsun

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Masano Ford - Shilliington

Hopefully the pic is alright - color is avalanche

Screenshot_20221205-094028_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Thanks for that. I have been wanting to see the Avalanche color in person on an F150 and also a Rattler, so if you think about it, keep me posted when it arrives at the dealer.
Sponsored