Sponsored

Is undercarriage of Gen14 similar to Gen 13?

surveyor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB
Troubleshooting a rattle that sounds like the same as this thread. How similar/different are these crossmember pipes/layouts + exhaust shields between Gen13 and Gen14?
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
You have a power boost which has a different stuff underneath that was never on a gen13. At first glance the trucks look similar but it is different. If you have a rattle, I would check the heat shields to see if there's anything loose. Is the rattle there when you idle or only underway?

OP
OP

surveyor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB
You have a power boost which has a different stuff underneath that was never on a gen13. At first glance the trucks look similar but it is different. If you have a rattle, I would check the heat shields to see if there's anything loose. Is the rattle there when you idle or only underway?
Thanks. It's only in low gears/speed (1-5/up to 30 mph), while accelerating, but only when accelerating lightly. And more typically before the car/engine warms up. The dealer said they checked the heat shields but didn't see anything loose, but that other forum's thread made me think I should check for a missing clamp, esp. since the sound seems like it's coming from behind the passenger front wheel.

OP
OP

surveyor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB
Thanks. If it helpful, I posted a video of the undercarriage here.
Sponsored