Sponsored

is this normal, ever time I open a door, engine off, the center display, console starts

Holby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I am new Ford truck owner and everyday I seem to have another question.

Situation:
Without the key fob close, or engine off - just sitting parked in the garage. When opening any of the doors, the center display, and the driver display start.. showing the Ford logo.. and stays on.

Is this normal?
Is there a good reason for this? Seems like there should be an option to disable and only 'start' when the engine is started, or at least the power on/off is hit.

Any thoughts, additional information is welcome!
Ford F-150 is this normal, ever time I open a door, engine off, the center display, console starts IMG_5420
Sponsored

AHenry014

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
Normal. I see it as "welcoming".

OP
OP
Holby

Holby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I tend to think about how this takes away the longevity/life span of the screen.. to turn on/off all the time. Like turning on your tv, off.. all the time, for no reason. Maybe that is my 'old brain' thinking of older technology tho.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
The computers in modern vehicles are so complex they need time to boot. If manufacturers didn’t have them boot up upon door opening or unlock - you’d be waiting 30 seconds for radio or the ability to see the temperature your climate is set at

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I tend to think about how this takes away the longevity/life span of the screen.. to turn on/off all the time. Like turning on your tv, off.. all the time, for no reason. Maybe that is my 'old brain' thinking of older technology tho.
When was the last time you replaced a screen (on anything) because it had burned out? Or had images burned in the way the old CRTs used to? My gut feeling is that that issue is a relic of the past.

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
When was the last time you replaced a screen (on anything) because it had burned out? Or had images burned in the way the old CRTs used to? My gut feeling is that that issue is a relic of the past.
I own an IT company and actually see "screen burn" often. Usually in Apple phones, but other times in laptops... It is still 'a thing'.
:(

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
If (a big IF) screen burn were to happen it would happen with the images that were on screen all the time while driving:

The top menu
The bottom menu
The side bar
The gauges on the instrument cluster

All those things are static on screen for the hundreds and thousands of hours you are driving.

The welcome Ford logo on startup is nothing compared to that.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Situation:
Without the key fob close, or engine off - just sitting parked in the garage. When opening any of the doors, the center display, and the driver display start.. showing the Ford logo.. and stays on.
Note that if you lock your doors when you're through messing around in the truck the displays shut-down / go black again promptly.

Papawsnow

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat FX4
My wife's 2015 Explorer does the same. Never been an issue. Never worried about it.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
there is a button that you can press that will kill the screen
to a calm or OFF, press it twice the screen goes off, it still boots, you just wont see it
i do it if i am jumping in to get glasses or stuff

Ford F-150 is this normal, ever time I open a door, engine off, the center display, console starts new finds (3)_LI
Sponsored