Sponsored

Is programming required on the 8” to 12” radio swap?

Bmdz

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150, 1996 F150
I recently ordered the 12” radio conversion for my 23 Stx from coyotestruckparts.com, after speaking with them they say their kit includes everything to do the conversion without any wire splicing (includes proper APIM module for the 12” display and all oem wiring harnesses that are needed.)
My concern is if programming of any sort is required. I’m mechanically inclined enough to pull the old system out and put the new one in but don’t have the know how or equipment to use forscan if it’s needed. Has anyone on here done this swap with the different apim or know if programming is needed?
they quoted me $300 to install which isn’t crazy, but after spending over 2k on the kit I’d rather not spend the $300 if it’s not needed
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
This?

2021-2023 Ford F150 12" Screen Upgrade kit

The product description explicitly states that programming IS required:

"These 12" screen kits come with everything you will need to upgrade from the smaller screen. Plug and play harness with some programming. Programming can be done over Facetime video chat to assist you. Any Questions Feel Free to message us."
If you trust these folks enough to send them$2000, why don't you trust their description?

If they are not able to answer any and all of your questions to your satisfaction, why would you consider sending them $2000?

If you don't have and don't want to acquire the equipment and skills required to use FORScan even with "video chat assist" then this clearly isn't something for you to DIY install (IMO).

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
OP
OP

Bmdz

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150, 1996 F150
Ford F-150 Is programming required on the 8” to 12” radio swap? IMG_7106

I received the kit and put it in. They reached out and asked for my vin and picture of my existing buttons above the screen, before shipping it out and sent it to me preprogrammed. It all works perfect without any sort of hiccups or
Dummy buttons. Install was easy, I can’t say I wasn’t nervous about taking apart my truck with less than 10k miles on it, but all the parts were new & oem. Even the wiring harnesses they provided had the ford tags on them like the ones that they were replacing. I’d recommend buying from these guys 100%. I checked out infotainment and will be ordering the console shifter from them soon!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
IMG_7106.jpeg

I received the kit and put it in. They reached out and asked for my vin and picture of my existing buttons above the screen, before shipping it out and sent it to me preprogrammed. It all works perfect without any sort of hiccups or
Dummy buttons. Install was easy, I can’t say I wasn’t nervous about taking apart my truck with less than 10k miles on it, but all the parts were new & oem. Even the wiring harnesses they provided had the ford tags on them like the ones that they were replacing. I’d recommend buying from these guys 100%. I checked out infotainment and will be ordering the console shifter from them soon!
Glad youre happy. If you ever need anything Im the guy that programs and ships them out. Feel free to reach out
Sponsored