Sponsored

Installed the Morimoto 2Banger HXB Wide Beam in Amber

thorgrim007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Plat High
After I did the upfitter install from BoostedGreyGoose, I now Installed these Morimoto 2Banger HXB Wide Beam in Amber. As aux fog lights, these are SAE compliant, as long as you have them aimed properly. I wanted the Amber as that will cut through foggy or inclement weather better than the stock white fog lights. As others mentioned from the factory the fogs appear to be aimed lower than one would expect, I never readjusted mine as knew what my plan was. I aimed these by being on level gound and 25ft, from a wall. I measured from the floor up to the fog lights and then went to the wall and measured that same distance from floor up and subreacted 4 inches to be where the cut off of the new fogs will hit.

This option I purchased the lower grill for the 3.5 engine since it has the opening for the intercooler. I then drilled into the lower portion of the plastic here to attach the backet to. I did have to cut off the outside tabs on the chrome portion of the lower grill (as that attached to the piece above it, others have discussed how to remove this all). The only down side is now have a few small openings in the lower grill to the engine bay, since I dont have an intercooler behind it.

Since I have the 5.0, I looked at a few options to install these. First I was going to mount them in the lower grill area on the stock 5.0 option (see pic below) as this plastic is pretty robust and drilling a hole in for the bracket to attach would be fine and I could run the wires behind the licence plate bracket (we need a front licence plate in VA), so would be an easy install.

But this would push the lights out about 3 inches past the bumper. I was also a bit concerend, as the light housing (cooling fins on the Morimotos) were in direct contact with the plastic "fins" you see above and below where the blue bos would show where the lights sit, and I wasnt sure if they would melt it (more if truck wasnt moving, as they dont get hot with airflow, but siting still they get pretty hot on the cooling fins housing). My next option I thought of was to use the Diode Dynamics SS5 Bumper LED Pod Light Bracket. This would keep the lights pretty flush to the bumper, perhaps poke out an inch to inch/inch and a half. But wasnt sure how keen I would be on the bracket over time (I have it so still an option), and the wires would go right under the rubber weather stripping above the bumper for a nice clean install.

After mock fitting all the options I went with te option shown. I think it works best, it tucks the lights just behind the bumper. I still have the diode dynamics brackets as well as my original and 5.0 lower grill piece if I want to ever switch where I have the current fogs installed. As mentioned the only downside are about a 1 inch tall opening under the licence plate bracket and the small opening above and around the fogs, but that isnt the worst, and I like the look of this one the most.

Ford F-150 Installed the Morimoto 2Banger HXB Wide Beam in Amber 20230927_132724

Ford F-150 Installed the Morimoto 2Banger HXB Wide Beam in Amber 20230927_132757

Ford F-150 Installed the Morimoto 2Banger HXB Wide Beam in Amber 20230927_135953
Sponsored

OP
OP

thorgrim007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Plat High

AbdAlrahman9989

First Name
Abdalrahman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Amazing, I'm planning to do the same with 4banger wide
Could you please share the light output with and without 2banger ?

I have 5.0 so the lower grill is open and it will be easy to install
Also, could you please share more details about wiring?

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

thorgrim007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Plat High

Thanks
ill take some pics at night. keep in mind i adjusted mine as they are SAE fog lights, so the beam pattern is below the stock headlights but illuminates the ground in front of thr truck for inclement weather.

OP
OP

thorgrim007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Plat High
@AbdAlrahman9989, here you go, first pic is headlights only, have the bi projector ones. Second pic is with the stock fog lights. Third pic is with the Morimoto 2 bangers with all lights on. Fourth pic is morimotos only.

Ford F-150 Installed the Morimoto 2Banger HXB Wide Beam in Amber 20231021_220034

Ford F-150 Installed the Morimoto 2Banger HXB Wide Beam in Amber 20231021_220041

Ford F-150 Installed the Morimoto 2Banger HXB Wide Beam in Amber 20231021_220053

Ford F-150 Installed the Morimoto 2Banger HXB Wide Beam in Amber 20231021_220103

OP
OP

thorgrim007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Plat High

Thanks
I forgot to answer the wiring. I installed this https://www.boostedgreygoosedesigns...0-oem-upgrades/2021-2023-oem-upfitter-package, which has all the needed wiring as well as the fuse/relay box. I then just wired the power to the correct wire in the fuse/relay box which corresponded tot he upfitter switch I wanted to assign to this.

The boostedgreygoose ufitter mod is good, and a bit pricey, but includes all you need. The install of this is not hard but requires quite a bit of removal of interior trim to use the plug-n-play wire harnes they included. Its not hard took me about 5 hours to do the entire install, and im a novice at this. To give you an idea of the interior work this is what had to be removed to make the connections (steering wheel cowl, this also means removing the trim under; the passenger visor; the sensor cover on the windshield; passenger a pillar; passenger footwell (fuse box trim); glove box; passenger floor trim; passenger front seat). Instructions are well detailed, and easy to follow. I also have the Helms service repair CD so used that as well (but not needed). You do need to buy the new overhead console, which is really expensive as well.

Another posted the process of installing this on this forum - https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/upfitter-switch-installation.12438/page-23#post-365984
And here is my post on the other forum - https://www.f150forum.com/f129/what-did-you-do-your-14th-gen-today-498112/index343/#post7489504
Sponsored

Last edited: