Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I'd be cautious about running this kit. One of the "benefits" of a coilover is that you maintain max wheel droop which limits max CV angle. Seeing as how this strut is longer than a stock unit w/ a "puck" attached is a bit of a red flag, combine that with a lifting knuckle and ... yea.

Is there any data regarding what their knuckle does on its own? We know the Tremor's raises it even further. If one were to combine a stiffer spring rate with a knuckle that further provides lift, you're at the limits of the CVs. The street angle of the CV isn't as important as the angle at max travel. That's where you break shit, when that loose wheel spinning finally grabs at max angle.
Sponsored

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
There’s a thread on the tremor forum that goes into it more. My understanding is that the knuckle does not provide any lift but rather slightly moves the location of the hub in relation to everything else to lessen the cv angle. The difference vs a regular knuckle are minor but someone took measurements on that forum and some good comparison photos.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There’s a thread on the tremor forum that goes into it more. My understanding is that the knuckle does not provide any lift but rather slightly moves the location of the hub in relation to everything else to lessen the cv angle. The difference vs a regular knuckle are minor but someone took measurements on that forum and some good comparison photos.
There's a thread here w/ measurements, it appeared to be about ~3/4 of an inch lower in relation to where the LCA mounts which is by for all intents and purposes a lift that increases the angle of the CV shaft. This is also likely the reason that the tremor's half shaft is an upgraded unit.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
I’m not so sure the oem tremor or icon knuckle adds lift but rather relocated the uca, tie rod, and sway bar end link back up an inch to correct geometry/stiffness. Just my $0.02

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The distance from the top of the bottom ball joint reception area of the knuckle, where it contacts the LCA, to the hub opening dictates the height of the ride it provides.

Ford F-150 Icon 21-23 FORD F150 4WD 3.5-4.5" STAGE 1 -- installed photos 1707954289760

Not sure if that measurement was taken.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads