Sponsored

I have 2H/4H/4L, where is 4A?

blkZ28spt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 501A SCREW 4x4 tuned 3.5
I think you're delusional to claim sales don't matter. Bottom line says sales are priority. And Ford sells a metric ton of F150 XLT, and more and more featires and options are available all the time. They aren't stagnant
Sponsored

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
I think you're delusional to claim sales don't matter. Bottom line says sales are priority. And Ford sells a metric ton of F150 XLT, and more and more featires and options are available all the time. They aren't stagnant
For the final time, let me simply my point to you:

Ford sell many truck
GM and Dodge sell less truck
GM and Dodge truck has feature Ford truck not have at most popular price
Ford Truck could have feature so GM and Dodge have less chance to win game
Ford sell more truck

• Haha
Reactions: 780

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Since the TOD 4A Transfer case only sends power to the front wheels when they sense slippage, there is very little impact on gas mileage.
I keep seeing this, but when I have the truck in eco mode and 4A, the power distribution graph shows power going to all four wheels all the time. Only time that power is cut to the front wheels is when I'm making a turn.

Big&BadGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars, Trucks/SUVs, and Motorcycles
My impression after driving my XL / STX 5.0L w/ 3.73 gears in the rain:

It's light years ahead of my Ram 1500 I had for wet weather traction and stability. My Ram had 3:31 gears and spun the tires all the time. The Ford F150 is really smooth.

Did I think I wanted an e Transfer case for 4a? Sure... I had that in an SUV before and used it. But so far, the 2wd setting is fine with the nannies in the programming algorithms. I like the grille and trim of the STX and didn't need all the other stuff on the pick up truck. I have other nicer vehicles if that matters.

blkZ28spt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 501A SCREW 4x4 tuned 3.5
For the final time, let me simply my point to you:

Ford sell many truck
GM and Dodge sell less truck
GM and Dodge truck has feature Ford truck not have at most popular price
Ford Truck could have feature so GM and Dodge have less chance to win game
Ford sell more truck
Ford wins

Ford no need to make bread butter trim more elaborate

Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Since the TOD 4A Transfer case only sends power to the front wheels when they sense slippage, there is very little impact on gas mileage.
It sends power to all wheels all the time. It’s AWD

this does nothing from a mechanical standpoint.
all it does is change the response from the accelerator.
changing modes on a 2spd TC will do nothing to change the characteristics of a mechanical lock between the front and rear drives.
On a Powerboost, slippery mode eliminates regen. Mechanical? Not technically. But it is a more significant change than the traction control sensitivity, shift points, and accelerator responsiveness

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
;tldr: 4A was not important enough to me to go from XLT to Lariat.

Interesting discussion and I seriously considered a Lariat before I decided to buy my XLT 302A. Honestly I use 2H 99% of the time here in CT. A previous post listed the following Lariat features. I'm sorting them here in order of importance for me (4A ranks 5th).
1. Bluecruise
2. Heated steering wheel
3. Power fold mirrors
4. LED projector headlights
5. 4A
6. Leather

Have already on 302A:
-Dual zone electric climate
-Keyless entry and push button

All of 1-6 above were secondary to my specific wants, namely:
Pano Moonroof
360 Camera
Parking sensors front and rear
36 gal tank (I have 5.0)
Bed step

Once I add these options I'm way over $60k with the Lariat. And Bluecruise and Projector Headlights aren't even available until you get to 502A which is closer to $70k.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford wins

Ford no need to make bread butter trim more elaborate
The game never ends.

And it’s hardly more elaborate, an eye droppers worth of complexity in a lake of complexity that most modern trucks are. And barely any real added cost.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Somewhere, I posted a screenshot of the parts.ford page with the parts price for the full time and 4A transfer case. I think that the difference in price is only $300 and change. However, there is also a transfer case control module that you need to install along with the TC.

DuckDuckGreyDuck

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Chevy Traverse
Agreed. If the XLT had 4A, the 302A package would be super competitive. The perfect compromise between features and price.

As it stands though, it’s not worth the $10k or more jump in price to get 4A. And I don’t need blue cruise, RBG lights, and a folding shifter.

I do however, really like my 12” screen lol.
$10,000 is not correct. A 500A that has all your 302A has is only $2800 more. For that $2800 you could have had your 4A, led tails, full digital cluster, leather, cooled seats, and ambient lighting. Well worth the upgrade. Could get it $900 cheaper if you remove the console. Not too late to place another order and get what you wanted. ;)

Sponsored

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
$10,000 is not correct. A 500A that has all your 302A has is only $2800 more. For that $2800 you could have had your 4A, led tails, full digital cluster, leather, cooled seats, and ambient lighting. Well worth the upgrade. Could get it $900 cheaper if you remove the console. Not too late to place another order and get what you wanted. ;)
As addressed later on in this thread, that is true. But to achieve feature parity from my 302A to a Lariat, I’d need to get options that would push it much closer to that $10k.

Personally, I think 4A should just be a part of the FX4 option for all trims. All 4x4 F150 trucks are pre wired for it already.

DuckDuckGreyDuck

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Chevy Traverse
As addressed later on in this thread, that is true. But to achieve feature parity from my 302A to a Lariat, I’d need to get options that would push it much closer to that $10k.

Personally, I think 4A should just be a part of the FX4 option for all trims. All 4x4 F150 trucks are pre wired for it already.
Just to get the facts out there in case someone is on the fence between Lariat and XLT and not to be a d*ck, my 500A has the parking sensors. I believe they are a part of the Co-pilot assist 2.0, not the active package. Now the sport appearance would jack up the price, but all else should be the same. I can’t imagine what you could get on an XLT 302A that isn’t included in the 500A. The reason I mentioned the trade is because it is what I just did. Lost some $$ on dealer fees, but traded for $300 less than invoice, which is what I paid when I bought it 5 months ago. Good times to be indecisive.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just to get the facts out there in case someone is on the fence between Lariat and XLT and not to be a d*ck, my 500A has the parking sensors. I believe they are a part of the Co-pilot assist 2.0, not the active package. Now the sport appearance would jack up the price, but all else should be the same. I can’t imagine what you could get on an XLT 302A that isn’t included in the 500A. The reason I mentioned the trade is because it is what I just did. Lost some $$ on dealer fees, but traded for $300 less than invoice, which is what I paid when I bought it 5 months ago. Good times to be indecisive.
You know what, you're right. I remembered threads about 502A Lariats not having the sensors unless you get the active package. Looking back, I see that 500A and 501A had them standard if you got the assist. I don't know what Ford is thinking there.

One thing about XLT trucks pre-chip shortage was that they got the best incentives, which is when I got mine. Now that most everything is MSRP, the gap is much closer.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP
As I understand it, Power to the front wheels is as-needed in 4A with Raptor/Tremor 402A, but I now realize the Lariat does not have the High-Lock Transfer Case so yours probably does operate differently.

I keep seeing this, but when I have the truck in eco mode and 4A, the power distribution graph shows power going to all four wheels all the time. Only time that power is cut to the front wheels is when I'm making a turn.
It sends power to all wheels all the time. It’s AWD

On a Powerboost, slippery mode eliminates regen. Mechanical? Not technically. But it is a more significant change than the traction control sensitivity, shift points, and accelerator responsiveness

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
As I understand it, Power to the front wheels is as-needed in 4A with Raptor/Tremor 402A, but I now realize the Lariat does not have the High-Lock Transfer Case so yours probably does operate differently.
this does nothing from a mechanical standpoint.
all it does is change the response from the accelerator.
changing modes on a 2spd TC will do nothing to change the characteristics of a mechanical lock between the front and rear drives.
My understanding is that both are AWD and send power in 4A to all 4 wheels, varying the power % front to back as needed via electronically controlled clutch packs in the center diff/t case, but always some power to all wheels. As far as I know, the difference between a regular lariat and a tremor with hi-lock is the ability to also mechanically lock when going into 4Hi vs a regular lariat being an electronically locked 50/50 torque split that technically could overcome the mechanical ability of the clutches to hold and thus slip if you’re in a serious high torque situation
Sponsored