How to remove plastic step cover on rear bumper

Poorredman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 501a PB Smoked Quartz
Was rear-ended at a stop light the other day by an older F-150, maybe 5mph, so no major damage. The black plastic piece that runs on top of the bumper and around the license plate got nicked up and has a small crack. Looks like it's part # 17B807.

How difficult is this to replace? Looks like maybe it's held in place by clips?
Sponsored

RedStorm

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5L EcoBoost
That's my understanding. They're a pain to get at. Following to see if anyone has tips on getting it off. Tried messing with it over the weekend to wrap my rear bumper and really struggled with it. Ended up giving up and I'll probably attempt it again this weekend.

pleong

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I've tried it and RedStorm is right.. They are a big pain.. But I need to spend more time trying to get it off because I've got paint matched rear bumpers I need to install.

ocwill1

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost 502A, 2021 Lexus RX350(wifey)
Occupation
Computer System Engineer
If they are anything like the F250 rears, there are clips and then 2 bolts in the corners of the "wings".. They are the PITA.

OP
OP
Poorredman

Poorredman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 501a PB Smoked Quartz
Thanks for the replies. I ended up backing into the concrete base of a light pole a few days later. Turns out that there is no support on the ends of the rear bumper. So it just bends back, pushes on the quarter panel until the panel crumbles. So I little 5mph parking lot mistake ends up being a $4600 repair. Thankfully I haven't had a wreck in 22 years, so insurance shouldn't take too big of hit on renewal.

20220322_133103.jpg
Sponsored