How to get feature requests to Ford?

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
With the advent of OTA, it seems logical that Ford would want to evolve and refine the SYNC4 systems to improve the user experience over time.

Does anyone know of any feedback process for us to get our options back into Ford for consideration? While I have only had my F-150 for a few days (and barely 200 milers), I already see some easily addressed nit picks.
Sponsored

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
I just want the damn truck on the cluster to look like mine
Agree with that, good idea. The vehicle on ford pass matches pretty exact, why not the cluster graphics?

OP
OP
don.mullins

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One thing I would like is for the 360 cameras to work like on wife’s Genesis G80.

On that car, if you go into Reverse, the 360 view comes up with the rear camera as the primary. However, when then shifting to Drive, the 360 view remains up and switches the primary view to the front camera. They still shut off > 5 MPH, but switching between front and rear views while maneuvering is very nice for parking lot maneuvers.

I would like the F-150 to behave the same way. Today, I have to manually turn on the 360 view after shifting to drive.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Considering they’re putting their eggs in the Android partnership I doubt they will invest much more into Sync4. I wouldn’t be surprised if sync4 gets a slim budget to just maintain and refine verse upgrades or anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
don.mullins

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Considering they’re putting their eggs in the Android partnership I doubt they will invest much more into Sync4. I wouldn’t be surprised if sync4 gets a slim budget to just maintain and refine verse upgrades or anything.
I doubt that.

SYNC4 drives all the next generation platforms: F-150, Bronco, Mach-E. If anything, Android Auto becomes part of the SYNC4 ecosystem within Ford.

These platforms are the future of Ford. The F-150 alone is a huge percentage of Ford’s total business. I don’t see them walking away year one.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I doubt that.

SYNC4 drives all the next generation platforms: F-150, Bronco, Mach-E. If anything, Android Auto becomes part of the SYNC4 ecosystem within Ford.

These platforms are the future of Ford. The F-150 alone is a huge percentage of Ford’s total business. I don’t see them walking away year one.
How often did Ford offer big updates on existing sync systems? It was always a next gen Sync 2 then 3 and now 4.
My sync 2? System in my mustang is the exact same as it was in 2015 when I got it.
I doubt we see anything major at all change with sync 4.

OP
OP
don.mullins

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How often did Ford offer big updates on existing sync systems? It was always a next gen Sync 2 then 3 and now 4.
My sync 2? System in my mustang is the exact same as it was in 2015 when I got it.
I doubt we see anything major at all change with sync 4.
The Over the Air (OTA) updates support is the game changer here. Now, all the various control modules are connected and can be updated via OTA. This is new with SYNC4. They are laying the infrastructure down to enable this new capability.

Ford has already publicly committed to releasing increased Active Drive Assist functionality for the 2021 F-150 at least.

Plus, I am sure they see Tesla (and others) moving in this same direction. The writing is on the wall - things are not the same as with SYNC2 or SYNC3.

Last edited:

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
The Over the Air (OTA) updates support is the game changer here. Now, all the various control modules are connected and can be updated via OTA. This is new with SYNC4. They are laying the infrastructure down to enable this new capability.

Ford has already publicly committed to releasing Increased Active Drive Assist functionality for the 2021 F-150 at least.

Plus, I am sure they see Tesla (and others) moving in this same direction. The writing is on the wall - things are not the same as with SYNC2 or SYNC3.
Ford offered us updates before.. you just needed to download on a usb drive and it was very simple to do. Yet we didn’t get anything of value lol

I want OTA updates that actually add features too but please don’t hold your breath here at all. Based on past experience and now future dealings that were announced I am very skeptical.
Sponsored