• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How does Pro trim compares to XL trim on ICE?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
What about old fashioned cruise control?
I haven't seen this either, but I really want adaptive anyways. The Lightning will be our road trip car and adaptive cruise control is just so much nicer than standard.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I can't answer the question, but I WANT to assume that The EV F150 would by its very nature include many software driven "options" that wouldn't be considered "options" on an EV. If you know what I mean. :)

Afterall, you can't even get the EV F150 without at least that glorious screen, that is THE upgraded screen in an ICE version currently. The EV F150 is a technology platform, even in its most basic trim.

Lightning75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I can't answer the question, but I WANT to assume that The EV F150 would by its very nature include many software driven "options" that wouldn't be considered "options" on an EV. If you know what I mean. :)

Afterall, you can't even get the EV F150 without at least that glorious screen, that is THE upgraded screen in an ICE version currently. The EV F150 is a technology platform, even in its most basic trim.
Agree. I see regular cruise is an option for XL. Hope it is standard or at least optional on the Pro, along with an option for more adjustable seats than 2-way.

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Standard cruise on Pro, the "Ford Co-Pilot 360 2.0" is standard. The intelligent adaptive cruise is not available on the Pro

Pro -- XLT -- Lariat -- Platinum

Screenshot 2021-10-06 205202.png
Unless they deviate from the survey they sent out. I’m going pro and man I would love adaptive cruise. Seems weird to have the lane assist but not the cruise assist.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Standard cruise on Pro, the "Ford Co-Pilot 360 2.0" is standard. The intelligent adaptive cruise is not available on the Pro

Pro -- XLT -- Lariat -- Platinum

Screenshot 2021-10-06 205202.png
So which one of those is cruise control?
Ford Co-Pilot360™ 2.0 –
  • Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (Includes Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Dynamic Brake Support),
  • BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert,
  • Lane-Keeping System (Includes Lane-Keeping Alert,
  • Lane-Keeping Aid and Driver Alert),
  • Rear View Camera, Auto High Beam headlamps,
  • Reverse Sensing System,
  • Reverse Brake Assist and Post-Collision Braking

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ford Co-Pilot360™ 2.0 –
  • Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (Includes Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Dynamic Brake Support),
Yeah, I don't see it in there either

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
Unless they deviate from the survey they sent out. I’m going pro and man I would love adaptive cruise. Seems weird to have the lane assist but not the cruise assist.
I agree. I have adaptive cruise control on my Honda and its hard thinking about going back to standard cruise control. I would hope they would have standard navigation since one of the main ideas they talked about was there EV network. However, Android Auto and Apple car play are a great alternative. I also really enjoyed the 360 camera which i hope makes the ordering guide cut. I just know if I have to upgrade to the XLT , I'm going to have to upgrade to the ER battery. Hopefully the Pro comes with some available options that we don't know about like the cloth seats

Sponsored

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
Ford Co-Pilot360™ 2.0 –
And why would an advanced technology package be missing cruise? Cruise is pretty much standard these days...

Co-Pilot360 2.0 would have plain cruise, like on my 2006 F-150 XLT
Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 would have the intelligent active cruise.

https://www.ford.com/buy-site-wide-content/overlays/mach-e-overlays/feature-copilot360-technology/

Pictures I've downloaded show that the Pro and XLT/Lariat/Platinum all have the same steering wheel, and that button on the outer, upper left is the cruise control button

Ford F-150 Lightning How does Pro trim compares to XL trim on ICE? htning-2022-14-front-row--interior--steering-wheel

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And why would an advanced technology package be missing cruise? Cruise is pretty much standard these days...

Co-Pilot360 2.0 would have plain cruise, like on my 2006 F-150 XLT
Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 would have the intelligent active cruise.
On the spec sheet Co-Pilot360 Assist explicitly lists Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go. Co-Pilot360 does not list anything about cruise control. Did Ford just forget?

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
On the spec sheet Co-Pilot360 Assist explicitly lists Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go. Co-Pilot360 does not list anything about cruise control. Did Ford just forget?
They probably forgot, because it isn't mentioned anywhere on the other vehicle technology pages (such as the Mach-E linked above)

It is however, mentioned on the vehicle configuration pages.

I should mention that with the 2021 XL, cruise and Co-Pilot360 2.0 is not included in the 100A package, but cruise is available with the 101A package. Co-Pilot360 2.0 is optional for the 2021 XL. If anything, if the Pro is like the XL, it'll probably have cruise control optional, but the standard Co-Pilot360 2.0 seems to indicate it being standard.

Now, given that Co-Pilot360 2.0 is standard across all trims, but makes no mention of cruise control, would the XLT be without cruise, unless you ordered Assist 2.0 with adaptive cruise?

Ford F-150 Lightning How does Pro trim compares to XL trim on ICE? Screenshot 2021-10-07 000632

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They probably forgot, because it isn't mentioned anywhere on the other vehicle technology pages (such as the Mach-E linked above)

It is however, mentioned on the vehicle configuration pages.

I should mention that with the 2021 XL, cruise and Co-Pilot360 2.0 is not included in the 100A package, but cruise is available with the 101A package. Co-Pilot360 2.0 is optional for the 2021 XL. If anything, if the Pro is like the XL, it'll probably have cruise control optional, but the standard Co-Pilot360 2.0 seems to indicate it being standard.

Now, given that Co-Pilot360 2.0 is standard across all trims, but makes no mention of cruise control, would the XLT be without cruise, unless you ordered Assist 2.0 with adaptive cruise?

Screenshot 2021-10-07 000632.png
The link for MME that you included in prior post explicitly lists Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go. But if you want to think that Ford will include all kinds of features that it isn't promising to include, fine. I am taking them literally.
Sponsored