personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
This guy must have spent $5000 at the Yakima store. :oops:

I just bought the Yakima high supports (overhaul hd) and the cross bars to move canoes but wondering what someone might use the lower cross bars in this setup?

You can see he has a rack under his rack (just in front).

Anyone have a overhaul hd? I have not installed my overhaul hd yet it I was also surprised is this looks to be almost has high as top of cab on lower height. I assumed it would be about half height unless I raised it?

This truck was so nice looking I actually actually took my sweet time loading truck up hoping he would leave store so I could ask him about it

Ford F-150 How do you use this bed rack - Holly Yakima 20231119_162402
Sponsored

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
I have the Overhaul HD. there is plenty of height adjustment both higher and lower. I set mine to be at roof height. I only put one Overhaul on as I have the lower racks as well and put my kayak on an angle when I’m carrying it. I don’t like the look of 2 empty racks. PersonAl preference.
i use the lower racks to use my ski travel box.

BigShan808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX FX4 2.7 EB SCrew
I got my HDs to load my surfboards and SUP (we don't do inflatable ones in the islands). From the looks of it he also has a roll up tonneau that's why he has the rail attachments for the base. If I lived up on the mainland, that would be a setup I'd mess with. "Rooftop" tent on the upper rack, boards/rescue equipment on the lower rack, gas/water jug attachments on the side bars and personal stowage/kitchen in the bed with a deck system.
Sponsored