Sponsored

Holy Hell, took 7 Hrs (of Clay Bar).

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
Finally had decent weather so decided to clay the new whip. 7 hours and many cold beverages😃. Washed, dried,, did the clay bar and then waxed. Dearborn workers should be proud. Fit and finish is way above average . My truck is 2 months old with 840 miles. If you never clayed you truck, you really should. A lot of work but, pay someone if you need to. Amazing how much junk is on the paint plus, really noticed a difference. HAPPY NEW YEAR ✌

Ford F-150 Holy Hell, took 7 Hrs (of Clay Bar). 3F097B89-75F6-4F99-BEC4-E2E94F1277BB
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Nice job!
If you really want to keep that shine up, you should consider professional a ceramic coating. The truck will stay super clean with just a rinse and a leaf blower. I did mine 1 year ago and it still looks great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Heathen

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
Look into clay mitts they are much easier to work with than traditional clay, plus less likely to drop it.
Yeah dropped two times………wanna know how far I can throw a half a clay bar?🤽 Which clay mitt?

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Yeah dropped two times………wanna know how far I can throw a half a clay bar?🤽 Which clay mitt?
Lol prob about as far as I could when I would drop them. I got mine from a local detail supply shop and don’t remember the name. Check out autogeek.com and see how the reviews are. That’s where I order most my supplies from.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Thats about 7 hours more than I would waste doing my truck.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
This is why I haven't done it yet.

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
Clay bar takes no more time than washing your truck!! Maybe the OP had too many cold beverages loll!! Really it takes no more time than washing the vehicle---I have done it more times than I can count!! No way in HeLL it took 7 hours!!

Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Finally had decent weather so decided to clay the new whip. 7 hours and many cold beverages😃. Washed, dried,, did the clay bar and then waxed. Dearborn workers should be proud. Fit and finish is way above average . My truck is 2 months old with 840 miles. If you never clayed you truck, you really should. A lot of work but, pay someone if you need to. Amazing how much junk is on the paint plus, really noticed a difference. HAPPY NEW YEAR ✌

3F097B89-75F6-4F99-BEC4-E2E94F1277BB.jpeg
You're right lots of work,but the end results is an awsome shine and slick finish. Great looking truck

OP
OP
Heathen

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
Lol prob about as far as I could when I would drop them. I got mine from a local detail supply shop and don’t remember the name. Check out autogeek.com and see how the reviews are. That’s where I order most my supplies from.
Thanks, will check them out. Will only clay every 6 months.

OP
OP
Heathen

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
You're right lots of work,but the end results is an awsome shine and slick finish. Great looking truck
Thanks, have detailed many vehicles in my 60 years. Knowing my paint is protected is very satisfying.

OP
OP
Heathen

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
Nice job!
If you really want to keep that shine up, you should consider professional a ceramic coating. The truck will stay super clean with just a rinse and a leaf blower. I did mine 1 year ago and it still looks great.
Thanks BDD. Product recommendation?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Thanks BDD. Product recommendation?
Hi I had this done at a professional detailing shop , thet did what they call "color correction", basically a light polishing and than applied 2 coats of "Caeramic Pro" im not sure if this is available for retail sale. All in the job was 800.00 and very much worth the money.
Sponsored