First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I would get long tubes and gesi cats and have something built.
I live in Mississippi so no emissions testing anyway.
Gotcha... I see a couple of options... removing the Y collector must help quite a bit.....

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Bronco, KTM 1290R
Gotcha... I see a couple of options... removing the Y collector must help quite a bit.....
That's where I think the SPD set-up with GESI cats is probably better than their Alpha set-up.

It would be a true dual exhaust with 3" piping all the way back, for each cylinder bank. Where as the Alpha would be like Factory but with larger piping and better flowing cats.

Granted, it's not long-tube headers, but I live in a State that's trying to be a California wanna be and there are parts of the State that already have emissions testing.

My area doesn't, but it's a matter of time before it happens, especially if this current Administration gets re-elected. This makes removing the cats a non-option and long-tube headers a consideration if either of the SPD options doesn't look like they would pan out.

Syclone Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 5.0L Screw 3.73 BAP
I wonder if the cats on a f150 Raptor R are made differently?

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Bronco, KTM 1290R
I wonder if the cats on a f150 Raptor R are made differently?
I doubt they're much different, but their price will cost you as much, if not more, as an Aftermarket set up and you have no guarantee they're any better than the stock F150 or Aftermarket.

Exhaust schematic for a 2023 Raptor R

That's a link to an online break down for the Raptor R exhaust. The prices aren't the cheapest of the ones I found (they're about $500 higher than the lowest I found), but it will give you an idea of how spendy those parts are.
Sponsored