OP

Username00001

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 powerboost xlt 300a
To the op, how did FordPass alert you of a fuel leak?
I got a notification on my phone saying the evap system detected a small fuel leak and to take it to a dealer.
Sponsored

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
I got a notification on my phone saying the evap system detected a small fuel leak and to take it to a dealer.
Damn. That's pretty cool. My plane will do that. I'm shocked to see it in the automotive world.

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride, Model 3 Performance
30,xxx miles. It's spent MOST of its life towing. The CEL is on for a misfire. Going in tomorrow.

I have also been getting that charging system warning, occasionally.

Also mine spends plenty of time operating as a stationary generator, as well.

So far, very happy and reliable.
Whats the update on the misfire? I'm guessing plugs since towing + generator use?

Ghostwalksanta

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited power boost hybrid
Occupation
Tour operator
I have 24k miles had it for almost 14 months (limited powerboost) could not be happier, had a loose shield, screwed on and then with recall riveted on. A few warnings have popped up but if I turn off and then on everything’s good! That haven’t happened in a while. I got the 8 year 150k best warrenty just in case, lots of expensive parts. Get oil changes and tire rotation every 5k at dealer this is the best truck!

Sponsored

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
Whats the update on the misfire? I'm guessing plugs since towing + generator use?
Hasn't gone in yet. The appointment is March 4. If I don't get you a response after like the 6th please feel free to @me.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
Got it back today.

The exact message I got from my gf was:

"They did diagnostics first but it was nothing, so they knew it was the ECU issue. Even ford had put out a statement bit no recall"

When we talked about it she said that it's not a widespread-enough issue to recall ALL trucks for it, but if you're having the problem they'll bring you in and reflash it.

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
I had the sticking active air dam replaced. Also, had wiper motor replaced after it overheated on freeway in heavy rain on way home from purchasing. My right door panel squeaks when someone is sitting in passenger seat.
How did you know your air dam was sticking?

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I’d change that oil right away.
X2 on that! The eco boost engines are good but they need clean oil! I don’t go over 5k per change and I added an oil catch can as well.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
X2 on that! The eco boost engines are good but they need clean oil! I don’t go over 5k per change and I added an oil catch can as well.
Agreed, ignore Ford's 10K oil change recommendation and change it every 5K. 3K if used in extreme harsh conditions.

Catch cans are not needed on the current 3.5 Eco. Ford recently redesigned the PCV system as well as setup dual port injection so it does a very good job at keeping the intake ports and valves clean unlike early versions of this engine that having a catch can was almost a requirement. Just so you know, Ford strongly advises against using them on this engine and can/will void your warranty if they determine that the installation of the device led to a failure. But then they say that about any aftermarket bolt on part.... Ball's in their court to prove it but it's still possible.
Sponsored