Sponsored

Help with tire selection

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I have thought about painting them but I have been lazy. But these are covers I got from https://hookproductsusa.com/

To be honest, I am not a fan of them. They are bulky and up close don't really look flush/clean on the hooks themselves. I'd rather paint them or put in new painted ones. My brother got the orange covers and neither of us were fans!
Good to know. I was thinking about getting a pair but might just paint mine now.
Sponsored

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
I have thought about painting them but I have been lazy. But these are covers I got from https://hookproductsusa.com/

To be honest, I am not a fan of them. They are bulky and up close don't really look flush/clean on the hooks themselves. I'd rather paint them or put in new painted ones. My brother got the orange covers and neither of us were fans!
I kind of see what you mean, they kind of look swollen so to speak. I bought some red plasti dip, I just haven't put it on yet, I like it because if I don't like it down the road I can peel it off relatively easy, I just have to get out and put it on.

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4

Well I might have to look a different way then if both of you don't like them.

dnand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Product Designer
I kind of see what you mean, they kind of look swollen so to speak. I bought some red plasti dip, I just haven't put it on yet, I like it because if I don't like it down the road I can peel it off relatively easy, I just have to get out and put it on.
I'd love to see them dipped once you do it! I didn't think about dipping them before!

Sponsored

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
I'd love to see them dipped once you do it! I didn't think about dipping them before!
Well, I rear ended a car the other day so I'm waiting on a new bumper and insert, cruise control sensor recalibration so I'll wait till I get it back before I do it. I also got black for the tail pipe, and F-150 chrome emblems. I'm pondering red Powerboost emblems or dipping them as well, but it can get too much if I don't watch it, but I think the red hooks, red Powerboost will accent the red FX4 emblems. I have the red side emblems in my watchlist, but they are just cooking in there for now.

dnand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Product Designer
Well, I rear ended a car the other day so I'm waiting on a new bumper and insert, cruise control sensor recalibration so I'll wait till I get it back before I do it. I also got black for the tail pipe, and F-150 chrome emblems. I'm pondering red Powerboost emblems or dipping them as well, but it can get too much if I don't watch it, but I think the red hooks, red Powerboost will accent the red FX4 emblems. I have the red side emblems in my watchlist, but they are just cooking in there for now.
Sorry to hear about the accident! Hope you're alright.

I ended up painting the Ford emblems to color match myself...it was a pain. I wouldn't do it again haha. I also did my side badges but I wasn't happy so I got some black Hyperdip to lay it over the black parts. I do love how the badges and emblems look. I saved money doing it myself but I'd just buy them myself next time. The DIYer in my couldn't resist.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Nobody likes BFG All Terrain's anymore? Had them for years on my old CJ-7 and swore by them. Was just planning on that as my go-to when stock is worn out...
Are they the KO2's, that is what came on my Jeep Rubicon?

Sponsored

MR650

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Blk/Blk
I think the 295/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires look best on +20 offset rims. I think the 34x11.5s would fit about the same

COG099

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4 Powerboost
I went through the same decision making 6 months ago. Decided on Toyo Open Country AT3. I've had Ridge Grapplers(LT and SL), Recon Grapplers(SL), and KO2(LT). Toyo AT3 by far have been best in the rain.

I'm running LT295/70r18 with 2" lift.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
For what you are describing the best tire I can see is the Nitto Ridge Grappler 305/55/20 in an SL load. If you are going to have +18-20 offsel, the width will look awesome. They only weigh 51 lbs, so they will ride really smooth. Most importantly they are super aggressive even in an SL load. (Courtesy photos from Granger - cause I know they use this size on their customs):

Ford F-150 Help with tire selection 1703528008132

Ford F-150 Help with tire selection 1703528143071

Ford F-150 Help with tire selection 1703528165562

MR650

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Blk/Blk
I went through the same decision making 6 months ago. Decided on Toyo Open Country AT3. I've had Ridge Grapplers(LT and SL), Recon Grapplers(SL), and KO2(LT). Toyo AT3 by far have been best in the rain.

I'm running LT295/70r18 with 2" lift.
I’ll try them. How are they in the snow?

those are slightly larger than what I run right now. I have 295/60/20s

do your 295/70/18s make contact anyplace?

Ford F-150 Help with tire selection IMG_2978
Sponsored

Last edited: