TremorMD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Tremor
Parts:
SCCM: ML3Z-3F791-BB (https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-steering-column-tube-ml3z3f791bb)
HVAC Control: NL3Z-19980-S (https://www.ebay.com/itm/126212068038)
Steering Wheel: ML3Z-3600-RA (Non active steering with heat, yours may differ)

I am going through this process myself right now, I am just waiting on the steering wheel to arrive which should be sometime next week. You may also need to wire up a harness from the BCM to the SCCM. Luckily mine was prewired so it should be a pretty straight forward swap when I get the time to install everything.

The ebay link is where I got mine, the price was less than half of everywhere else and I have received the item and verified it is the proper part. It does not have the LCD screens the 2021 models have but I didn't care about that personally. Additionally the numbers are not centered in the knob which would have bothered me more. The newer trucks don't have them anyway, so not having them isn't really a step back from where you are today on your Tremor.
Do you have any directions or steps on how to swap out the hvac control module?
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP

fayby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Thanks all for the details. I'm the OP of this long forgotten thread and I'm updating the first thread as much as I can.

I wanted to do the retrofit myself but can't seem to find the HSW itself at a reasonable price right now. Everywhere I looked is around $500 new. The only cheap ones on ebay are with active steering, which I'd assume won't fit at all since it looks totally different under the airbag.

I'll keep looking and if anyone find a place for $200 please shoot me a DM. Thanks

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Thanks all for the details. I'm the OP of this long forgotten thread and I'm updating the first thread as much as I can.

I wanted to do the retrofit myself but can't seem to find the HSW itself at a reasonable price right now. Everywhere I looked is around $500 new. The only cheap ones on ebay are with active steering, which I'd assume won't fit at all since it looks totally different under the airbag.

I'll keep looking and if anyone find a place for $200 please shoot me a DM. Thanks
I noticed you updated the first post the other day will all the info you could, thanks for doing that! Makes it much easier to have an easy to go place for everything needed.

You're right, I just glanced through ebay and couldn't find a lariat wheel that was heated. You might be best just upgrading to a heated raptor wheel and get its perks as well.

Brad34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a 3.5 Ecoboost Screw
Yep Ford about tripled the price of the Lariat steering wheels, probably when they realized people were buying them for the heated function.

Similar situation to the cost of tow mirrors. They are a $50 option from the factory but about $600 (last time I checked) if you want to buy them after the fact. That's just for the manual fold. It's all a racket just to gouge us and the insurance companies.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Yep Ford about tripled the price of the Lariat steering wheels, probably when they realized people were buying them for the heated function.

Similar situation to the cost of tow mirrors. They are a $50 option from the factory but about $600 (last time I checked) if you want to buy them after the fact. That's just for the manual fold. It's all a racket just to gouge us and the insurance companies.
Yup, unfortunately the price difference is the difference in price between equipped and not equipped, not what it costs what it add it back after the fact. More like the price of their cost when its built more than anything as little deduct as you get for less heated wheel.

Sponsored

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
I wanted a base Lariat and heated steering wheel, and not be forced into 501A/502A (forgot which one). Did the swap back when parts were not so overpriced (have the temp display hw button module as well).

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Are all the Raptor steering wheels heated does anyone know? I want to add the red stripe Raptor wheel but don’t want to inadvertently lose my HSW function.

My HSW also doesn’t feel very hot unless I leave it sit on without touching it for several minutes. Even then the heat dissipates quickly. I’ve changed the FORScan settings to the highest temperature as well. I did swap the HVAC controls to have the digital dials but it’s my undertstanding that just tells it to be on and it’s the S

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Are all the Raptor steering wheels heated does anyone know? I want to add the red stripe Raptor wheel but don’t want to inadvertently lose my HSW function.
Not all are so need to make sure it is the right part number and/or check a picture to see if the center HSW connector is there below the bolt hole.