Headed to look at the new truck...

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
But like another poster. It’s not the one I ordered. The only difference is this one has max tow package and 2kw power. The only deletion is interior work surface. Asking from a prospective of resell/value moving forward. Which one is the better purchase? Understanding beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My truck is still over a month out at minimum. Dealer said I could go ahead and buy now to use $2k mailer but makes me nervous pre- purchasing.
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
But like another poster. It’s not the one I ordered. The only difference is this one has max tow package and 2kw power. The only deletion is interior work
I personally don’t see an issue with locking this one if you are anxious enough.
Appears to me you started this process in July, so I would ask if you have a production date yet. ( I started in Aug., and have a date of 1-20 )

If you did not order towing, or the 2k power, those would actually be positives for a lot of folks at resale time——folding workstation is something that can be added later and really not much of an issue IF you don’t really need it and wanted it ‘just because’.

Personally, I don’t spend enough time in my trucks to need a work station, and I DO NOT eat in the car ( I do smoke and drink coffee tho) so I don’t need a dinner table.
Tow package for me not a necessity but a plus
But then I ordered a mid level XLT without a lot of bling.

OP
OP

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I did indeed start in July. My build date currently is 1-18. The work surface can be added later?

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I did indeed start in July. My build date currently is 1-18. The work surface can be added later?
Pretty sure the dealer could add it when parts become available to him.
That would be a good question to ask of him..
Or, you could just wait until yours shows up in early February.
(We’re almost there given the wait we’ve had already.

I have no choice but to wait—SuperCab with an 8’ bed—not gonna find one of these on a lot anywhere except in maybe a base XL in white—not gonna do it.

I may go and do the paperwork and pay for it as soon as the window sticker shows up tho. Need the spouse to show up to put her name on the title and registration before I take it home.
Sponsored