Sponsored

Has anyone been told they are on "Plant Hold"??

Softball_Toru

First Name
Yori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I was originally told it was a headlamp issue. I can just imagine the reactive headlights being all googly eyed while driving down the road.
Well just got another week delay on a plant hold. that is 6 weeks delay 1 week at a time. When i called Ford Customer Service, they said we have no insight into the plant, or ford, and since i orderd the vehicle via the dealership i must get updates from them. My dealer has been great. Ford is the one with lack of transparency and communication. If i had a delivery for my customer and just week over week delayed with no updates, i wouldn't have a customer anymore... ugg
Sponsored

Softball_Toru

First Name
Yori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Well just got another week delay on a plant hold. that is 6 weeks delay 1 week at a time. When i called Ford Customer Service, they said we have no insight into the plant, or ford, and since i orderd the vehicle via the dealership i must get updates from them. My dealer has been great. Ford is the one with lack of transparency and communication. If i had a delivery for my customer and just week over week delayed with no updates, i wouldn't have a customer anymore... ugg
Ford F-150 Has anyone been told they are on "Plant Hold"?? 1662988912792

Sasquatch53

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Hi Softball,

I'm in the same boat as well - ordered my Lariat Powerboost Jan 29th, it was built the week of April 10th, and it's been on plant hold for almost the entire time since then. I'm in Ontario, the truck is still sitting in Michigan. Its been a very frustrating experience dealing with Ford customer service and the limited information from the dealership. However, I've been able to determine the following:

* The truck was ready to ship, but then placed on a Plant Hold due to some issue
* Truck had all the chips, so it was never a chip issue
* Plant hold start and stop dates are in 6 to 7 day increments.
* I push my dealership to get more details from their area ford rep, from what they told me there was a quality (QA) issue with either the power steering or software. This same issue impacted ~35 other Canadian F150s, which were also put on plant hold.

In five months, why have they not been able to solve this problem? What is taking the ford rep or plant mechanic so long to fix this issue, while other trucks are being built and shipped. I'm not sure why our already built trucks are not prioritized.

Are any US folks having the same never ending Plant Hold with their Powerboost trucks? Any insight on what's happening?

Please keep me up to date with your progress, let me know when they release your truck and if you can determine what the rep was inspecting / reviewing.

Thank you,
Same build date here, also in Ontario, also on Plant Hold the whole time. I was bored last night and found the email for the VP of customer service for Ford Canada so I sent him an email to complain. I'm sure nothing will come of it but it felt nice to send. At what point is it reasonable to expect a 2023 instead of a '22??

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
Same build date here, also in Ontario, also on Plant Hold the whole time. I was bored last night and found the email for the VP of customer service for Ford Canada so I sent him an email to complain. I'm sure nothing will come of it but it felt nice to send. At what point is it reasonable to expect a 2023 instead of a '22??
your truck is built… you won’t be getting a ‘23?

Sasquatch53

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I got fed up and scoured the internet to find the email for the VP of customer service for Ford Canada. Sent an email and someone from his office actually called me the next day. They are looking into it and supposed to get back to me today or tommorow. Stay tuned.
Sponsored