First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Powerboost
Occupation
Solar
Anyone that had issues with Carplay/Android Auto in 4.2.x see the problem get fixed after receiving 4.3.x? My patience is running thin with the constant bugs plagued with 4.2.x. After dealing with it for the past two months I may start looking around for an alternative vehicle.

Here's another gem 10 minutes ago. My garage is on the smaller side so the front camera pops up when I pull into my garage. The video was taken about a minute after turning the truck off and driver's door open. It continued for another couple minutes..
I'm having issues with mine as well. If I'm on bluetooth I'll get that same sort of noise and I won't be able to hear the person I'm talking with.
I also notice it when I put the vehicle in reverse and it switches to a camera.

At this point I don't even try to use bluetooth because I can only get maybe 30 seconds out of it before it glitches out. I've used different phones and it's still doing the same thing as well.

I know it's a truck issue because the phone works fine on my other car.
Sponsored

LimeyinTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Mine went in for 30k service on Tuesday and returned with this issue. All the symptoms are the same as you guys. Definitely, changes in screen function (reverse selected so camera pop-ups) trigger the sound.

LimeyinTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Mine went in for 30k service on Tuesday and returned with this issue. All the symptoms are the same as you guys. Definitely, changes in screen function (reverse selected so camera pop-ups) trigger the sound.
Can someone check my VIN to see what the dealer updated, I was on 4.2.4 before the service.
1FTFW1ED6MFB08572 Thank you in advance.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Can someone check my VIN to see what the dealer updated, I was on 4.2.4 before the service.
1FTFW1ED6MFB08572 Thank you in advance.
No manual module updates have been attempted on your truck in the past year.

ken325i

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Retired
For those that have received 4.3.5, how long between 4.3.3 and 4.3.5? I received 4.3.3 on 6/21.
Thks!
Ken

Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I got 4.3.3 on the 19th. Still no 4.3.5

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
I got 4.3.3 on the 19th. Still no 4.3.5
I received 4.3.3 roughly the same time (June 22nd). Still awaiting next update.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
For those that have received 4.3.5, how long between 4.3.3 and 4.3.5? I received 4.3.3 on 6/21.
Thks!
Ken
I got 4.3.3 June 2. 4.3.5 on June 5. Nothing since then.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Heck I'm still on 3.5.2 which I received way back in September. :cry:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Heck I'm still on 3.5.2 which I received way back in September. :cry:
I'm very confused by your truck. I don't know why you aren't any OTA triggers created for your truck. Ford must really not like you. lol

Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm very confused by your truck. I don't know why you aren't any OTA triggers created for your truck. Ford must really not like you. lol
Maybe it's because I don't drive it much and when I do it's only for a 10-15 minute drive but I know that's probably not the case, just wishful thinking. We'll be taking it on a 3-4 hour trip this weekend so maybe getting it out there on the road with some better cell service will trigger it. I'm not holding my breath though. Truth is, I am not really upset that I am still on 3.5.2. The way I look at it is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Maybe it's because I don't drive it much and when I do it's only for a 10-15 minute drive but I know that's probably not the case, just wishful thinking. We'll be taking it on a 3-4 hour trip this weekend so maybe getting it out there on the road with some better cell service will trigger it. I'm not holding my breath though. Truth is, I am not really upset that I am still on 3.5.2. The way I look at it is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Driving to an area with better cell coverage would only help if you got an OTA sent and your truck is having problems downloading. In your case, you aren't getting OTA sent to you at all.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Driving to an area with better cell coverage would only help if you got an OTA sent and your truck is having problems downloading. In your case, you aren't getting OTA sent to you at all.
Yeah I must be on Ford's shit list then.:cool:
So the only way to get updated is to do it myself with a FDRS subscription and a mongoose cable? Not sure I want to go that route, unless the updates I don't have are worth it. Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
The major things you are missing is full-screen carplay/android auto and pro trailer back up assist with the sticker instead of just the sensors. All the 4.x.x updates only prep the truck for future updates. If you can live without that, then just continue to wait.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The major things you are missing is full-screen carplay/android auto and pro trailer back up assist with the sticker instead of just the sensors. All the 4.x.x updates only prep the truck for future updates. If you can live without that, then just continue to wait.
I'll wait until I get "chosen" if that's all I am missing. However, I'll be first in line to borrow the mongoose cable if there's an update that does something useful for me like locking the doors automatically when I walk away, or one that reconfigures the BMS so my truck doesn't go into deep sleep mode as a result of not driving it much.
Sponsored