Sponsored

FUBAR

glorifiedambulancedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
FUBAR
That’s the phrase the Ford Service Advisor told me today in regards to modifying the truck during its 5k mile “learning period.”
I mentioned the hard shift from 1-2 and sometimes 1-3 with it being very pronounced in 1-2 when towing... like the transmission’s going to fall out. I also mentioned my adaptive cruise control acting like a hormonal teenager with aggressive slowing and speeding. I also asked if the tire size can be reprogrammed so my odometer isn’t tracking hire than it should.
To all of these issues he said I’m just stuck with them until my truck finishes the “learning process” that I hit restart on by the front 2” spacer, RAS in the rear and 34.5” tires on 20” instead of the stock 18”.
Has anyone been able to get their tire size recalibrated through Ford?
Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
FUBAR
That’s the phrase the Ford Service Advisor told me today in regards to modifying the truck during its 5k mile “learning period.”
I mentioned the hard shift from 1-2 and sometimes 1-3 with it being very pronounced in 1-2 when towing... like the transmission’s going to fall out. I also mentioned my adaptive cruise control acting like a hormonal teenager with aggressive slowing and speeding. I also asked if the tire size can be reprogrammed so my odometer isn’t tracking hire than it should.
To all of these issues he said I’m just stuck with them until my truck finishes the “learning process” that I hit restart on by the front 2” spacer, RAS in the rear and 34.5” tires on 20” instead of the stock 18”.
I haven't tried this yet since I don't have a truck yet but I think the solution to some of your issues may be here...
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit

pjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford xlt regular cab 5.0
FUBAR
no but hypertech sells one for the 2021 f150 part number 730125

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
FUBAR

Are you saying that the "learning process" restarts once you add your lift?

OP
OP

glorifiedambulancedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Are you saying that the "learning process" restarts once you add your lift?
That’s what he said. I asked for clarification too since it seemed crazy to me. He was mostly blaming the hard shifting on the learning process. He said he has this conversation with customers who bring their new 2021 F150s in 3-4 times a week!

OP
OP

glorifiedambulancedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
FUBAR
Tell him to go blow a goat. I currently have 9800 miles on mine and did my lift and tires around 1000 miles. I still get a hard shift between 1 & 2 every once in a while.
As for your odometer being wrong, it actually reads lower, not higher ("hire") then shown. Your speedometer is about 3 mph slower at 70.

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
This just sounds scary to me! Reprogramming a very highly computerized vehicle and likely voiding a number of warranties.
Have You done this?
I agree and no I haven't since I'm still waiting for my truck.

But if I find anything about my truck that annoys me and can be resolved with this method, I will try it but only if I can't find a less intrusive option.

For example... There are times when I want to use "auto stop-start" and there are times when it annoys the hell out me.

I could likely disable it through reprogramming but I would rather install this:

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/.../products/2021-ford-f-150-autostop-eliminator

OP
OP

glorifiedambulancedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Tell him to go blow a goat. I currently have 9800 miles on mine and did my lift and tires around 1000 miles. I still get a hard shift between 1 & 2 every once in a while.
As for your odometer being wrong, it actually reads lower, not higher ("hire") then shown. Your speedometer is about 3 mph slower at 70.
Jeez! They just let anyone post on here without editing for grammar and spelling. I didn’t even realize I spelled it ‘hire’. :poop: But your then or than are off too, so I guess we are even.
I agree with the logic that the odometer will actually read lower. I didn’t consider that geometry. However, my speedometer is definitely higher that stated on the dash. At 70mph I’m actually doing 75mph per a gps phone app.

OP
OP

glorifiedambulancedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I agree and no I haven't since I'm still waiting for my truck.

But if I find anything about my truck that annoys me and can be resolved with this method, I will try it but only if I can't find a less intrusive option.

For example... There are times when I want to use "auto stop-start" and there are times when it annoys the hell out me.

I could likely disable it through reprogramming but I would rather install this:

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/.../products/2021-ford-f-150-autostop-eliminator
I’m in a different boat with the Powerboost. Once I start to brake the motor switches to electric and stays in electric mode unless I’m running a defroster or heated seats that are draining too much battery at a standstill. So unless I really ease into the acceleration it will typically switch the engine back on after I’ve started to move, RPMs go up, get the truck up to speed.

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
Jeez! They just let anyone post on here without editing for grammar and spelling. I didn’t even realize I spelled it ‘hire’. :poop: But your then or than are off too, so I guess we are even.
I agree with the logic that the odometer will actually read lower. I didn’t consider that geometry. However, my speedometer is definitely higher that stated on the dash. At 70mph I’m actually doing 75mph per a gps phone app.
I wasn't correcting your grammar/spelling. I was just making sure that was what you were talking about. Mines aweful. I grew up in a trailer park and went to Huron Valley Schools :poop:
Your speedo was that far off from the factory? I know they are usually bad, but that's really bad.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
You're both saying the same thing. ;)
Sponsored