Sponsored

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Just completed the purchase of my ESP from Granger (best price around). Brooke did a great job answering my questions and guiding me through the transaction.
Same here. Brooke was responsive and helpful. The warranty showed up in my Ford Pass app after a few days of signing and payment.
Sponsored

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 150 Platinum. 2022 Platinum 3.5 6 1/2
Occupation
Retired Foreman utility company
I’m looking for the information I saw at the other day that I could fill out and send to you but I can’t find it now and I’d like to get a quote I haven’t taken delivery yet but I’d like to get a quote on the insurance can you send me a link

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I’m looking for the information I saw at the other day that I could fill out and send to you but I can’t find it now and I’d like to get a quote I haven’t taken delivery yet but I’d like to get a quote on the insurance can you send me a link
Go to the OP on page 1. There is all the info there for you. Good luck.

masterwaiter

First Name
taos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC/CHEV/FORD
So...Let me see if I got this right.

Thanks, Zach!

For other Floridians, purchase it in person when picking up your truck at Granger (or Chapman for that matter) if you ordered it from them. I think it works because it's not an online sale. I'm sure @Granger Ford can clarify if it's a viable option for those of us from the Sunshine State.

That's correct.
You CAN sell at your "discount pricing", for a vehicle with Florida address, if it's done in person at your dealership.

--------------------------------------------------------------

We've received many questions on our offer of $50 over dealer cost on the Ford Extended Service plans and thought I could shed some light. If you have any further questions, please let me know. If you would like to receive a quote, please reach out to [email protected]

Can I purchase your extended service plan if I live in Florida?
Unfortunately, due to Florida State Laws, we are unable to sell at our discount pricing.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

You CANNOT sell at your "discount pricing", for a vehicle with a Florida address, with an online transactiion.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
So...Let me see if I got this right.

You CAN sell at your "discount pricing", for a vehicle with Florida address, if it's done in person at your dealership.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You CANNOT sell at your "discount pricing", for a vehicle with a Florida address, with an online transactiion.
That is correct. There is a state law in Florida that says we cannot solicit through phone or internet the sale of an extended warranty to a Florida resident. That law does not apply to the transaction if you are taking delivery of the vehicle from our team, because then it is a physical transaction at our store.

I don't make the rules, I just try to follow them.

masterwaiter

First Name
taos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC/CHEV/FORD
That is correct. There is a state law in Florida that says we cannot solicit through phone or internet the sale of an extended warranty to a Florida resident. That law does not apply to the transaction if you are taking delivery of the vehicle from our team, because then it is a physical transaction at our store.

I don't make the rules, I just try to follow them.

Thanks for confirming that.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
For those that have purchased the Ford ESP warranty, and then can see the extended coverage listed in the FordPass App,..... does anyone see records of any repairs performed to their vehicle under service history that was not performed on your vehicle?

Ford F-150 Ford F-150 Extended Warranty from Ford Protect - $25 Over Dealer Cost- PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE! Screenshot_20220814-101834_FordPass

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
For those that have purchased the Ford ESP warranty, and then can see the extended coverage listed in the FordPass App,..... does anyone see records of any repairs performed to their vehicle under service history that was not performed on your vehicle?

Screenshot_20220814-101834_FordPass.jpg
Dang maybe some unscrupulous dealership snagged your VIN and submitted a bogus claim to jack the system. Good catch with the Ford Pass no matter what it turns out to be.

I hope it does not turn into a little headache for you.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dang maybe some unscrupulous dealership snagged your VIN and submitted a bogus claim to jack the system. Good catch with the Ford Pass no matter what it turns out to be.

I hope it does not turn into a little headache for you.
Yea. I'm hoping it was a VIN typo by someone? Human error?

I absolutely will follow through tenaciously and get this removed from my truck's Oasis. THAT, I can almost guarantee. Lol

Sponsored

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...

Screenshot_20220814-101834_FordPass.jpg
I’m just curious, does it show what dealership submitted the claim?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m just curious, does it show what dealership submitted the claim?
Yes. It does. Which is why I can ALMOST guarantee that I can get this handled. 🤣

But I will give the benefit of the doubt to that dealership and allow them an opportunity to correct it, before I would use a forum like this to unfairly sully their brand.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Yes. It does. Which is why I can ALMOST guarantee that I can get this handled. 🤣

But I will give the benefit of the doubt to that dealership and allow them an opportunity to correct it, before I would use a forum like this to unfairly sully their brand.
That’s the way I would do it, too. Although, it’s very easy to be a cynic when it comes to car dealerships. :)

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I do have my ESP listed on FordPass
does anyone see records of any repairs performed to their vehicle under service history that was not performed on your vehicle?
Not of the sort you show, but on my Service History ...

I see a $0 "other" performed by Granger Ford the day before I picked up my vehicle

For each of 3 parts-only purchases made through FordParts.com with delivery to my local dealer I have an entry showing Services Performed as "Scheduled Maintenance" and "Unknown". When I picked-up those parts the dealer told me they had to create a "maintenance ticket" to use FordPass Points for parts-payment. "Whatever" I said. I was a bit surprised to see "Scheduled Maintenance performed" as they in fact never touched my vehicle. Again, 'whatever', I know what was / was not done, so no worries.

I don't find anything indicating any of the above were related to my ESP specifically. Each shows a $ amount equal to the price paid for the parts.
_________

Aside, and unrelated to ESPs, what I've learned about using FordPass Points for purchases through Parts.Ford.com ...
  • When selecting a dealer to get prices on Parts.Ford.com, prices differ between dealers (I have four within easy driving distance)
  • Prices listed for my closest local dealer are consistently below "MSRP" while their in-store price for the same item is consistently above "MSRP", but that can vary between dealers
  • Not all dealers have an option for delivery and pay at the dealer on Parts.Ford.com (only one offered that option among the four close to me)
  • Lacking an option to pick-up and pay at the dealer there does not seem to be any mechanism for using FordPass Points for purchases through Parts.Ford.com
So, in my case, ordering through Parts.Ford.com with delivery and pay at my local dealer gets me both the lowest parts price and lets me use FordPass Points for payment.

Just FYI, your situation my be different depending on dealer policies.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I do have my ESP listed on FordPass

Not of the sort you show, but on my Service History ...

I see a $0 "other" performed by Granger Ford the day before I picked up my vehicle

_________

Yes sir, if you look at the screen shot in my post, the $0 record was exactly what you described. And it was the date my truck had the PDI performed on the vehicle. Dealership listed was the dealership I purchased from, as expected.

Great post, by the way, regarding using FordPass in a way to $ave on purchasing parts through a dealership. :)
Sponsored