Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
This video shows every menu and submenu (at least all the ones I could find!) that you can toggle through while using the steering wheel controls on F-150s equipped with the 12" LED instrument cluster. Using this screen via the steering wheel controls felt very smooth, and the Sync 4 system was very intuitive. I also reconfigure the different gauges, so you all can see how it is done on this instrument panel. The truck being used is a 2021 Ford F-150 Limited SuperCrew.

Please mind your speakers/ears at around 1:20, I switch over to FM radio, and it was blasting. Other than that, enjoy and let me know if you have any questions!

This video shows each of the drive mode animations. I took time to let the screen play through the animations, and settle a second rather than quickly scrolling through them like some other videos we've seen. I noticed after the truck does its two to three second animation for each drive mode, the screen will then settle back into the tach/speedo gauges with center menu as in the video above, albeit colored themed in blue for Slippery, green for Eco, red for Sport, etc.

Please excuse the frequent low battery alerts. Those were because the truck was hooked up to a trickle charger, instead of it's actual battery. Something about Ford not wanting strangers to drive off in the brand new, $80,000 truck or something...

Anyway, have a look!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
On that first video.
What the hell is “Border Crossing”? ( that’s what I saw anyway)
Are these things pre-prepared for theft and then smuggling people and contraband?

I’m in So. Texas and know more than a few people that have lost their crew cab 4x4 to smugglers of some sort.
Hank’s truck was recovered missing the back seat, toolbox, and totally packed with mud everywhere.
The other three were recovered near the border completely trashed.
At least Hank was able to drive his home from Laredo.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On that first video.
What the hell is “Border Crossing”? ( that’s what I saw anyway)
Are these things pre-prepared for theft and then smuggling people and contraband?

I’m in So. Texas and know more than a few people that have lost their crew cab 4x4 to smugglers of some sort.
Hank’s truck was recovered missing the back seat, toolbox, and totally packed with mud everywhere.
The other three were recovered near the border completely trashed.
At least Hank was able to drive his home from Laredo.
Wow that’s horrible. Hopefully Ford does right by then and makes new trucks for the owners.

As for the “Border Crossing”, I’m not entirely sure. There is no reference to it in the owners manual. Possibly the truck can detect when you cross into Canada or Mexico via the navigation and will adjust the maps and other systems to work better while in that country.

Last edited:

Steve5472

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Expedition Stealth Performance
Would the Border Crossing feature possibly switch the units from Miles to Km's etc.?

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Would the Border Crossing feature possibly switch the units from Miles to Km's etc.?
It could, but you also have that as a standalone option in the menu as well. I think I clicked on the "Border Crossing" tab and it didn't do too much. Under Border Crossing it only allowed me to select "Reminder On" or "Reminder Off", leading be to believe it has something to do with a literal geographical border.

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
It needs gas... going to ruin a brand new fuel pump :( maybe another “theft deterrent”

Thanks for the video.

Last edited:

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
This video shows every menu and submenu (at least all the ones I could find!) that you can toggle through while using the steering wheel controls on F-150s equipped with the 12" LED instrument cluster. Using this screen via the steering wheel controls felt very smooth, and the Sync 4 system was very intuitive. I also reconfigure the different gauges, so you all can see how it is done on this instrument panel. The truck being used is a 2021 Ford F-150 Limited SuperCrew.

Please mind your speakers/ears at around 1:20, I switch over to FM radio, and it was blasting. Other than that, enjoy and let me know if you have any questions!

This video shows each of the drive mode animations. I took time to let the screen play through the animations, and settle a second rather than quickly scrolling through them like some other videos we've seen. I noticed after the truck does its two to three second animation for each drive mode, the screen will then settle back into the tach/speedo gauges with center menu as in the video above, albeit colored themed in blue for Slippery, green for Eco, red for Sport, etc.

Please excuse the frequent low battery alerts. Those were because the truck was hooked up to a trickle charger, instead of it's actual battery. Something about Ford not wanting strangers to drive off in the brand new, $80,000 truck or something...

Anyway, have a look!
Would love to see the same demo for the Smaller screen that is on the 302A.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles