First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Yesterday I had a dealer put in an order for max recline and it went through... Not sure if that means it can be built, or just that the ordering system accepted it, and it may end up being queued in a holding pattern within the ordering system.
Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Yesterday I had a dealer put in an order for max recline and it went through... Not sure if that means it can be built, or just that the ordering system accepted it, and it may end up being queued in a holding pattern within the ordering system.

In a queu like mine. Mine is in, with a clean build messae. I'm thinking - it's a supplier (supply chain) and/or quality issue that may still be an issue.

Fathardtail

First Name
Melinda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I ordered my 21 Limited on 7-16-20 with every option including max recline. I was given a build week of 1-18-21 from my dealer mid December.
Can you give us a detailed report on the Max recline seats when you take delivery? It would be really helpful to know if this feature is worth the extra money to buy one of the higher trims.

12wins

First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F-150 Limited BJ Blue, 20 Ford Expedition Plat Med Blue, 17 Corvette Z06 Ster. Blue
Occupation
Self Employed
Can you give us a detailed report on the Max recline seats when you take delivery? It would be really helpful to know if this feature is worth the extra money to buy one of the higher trims.
Consider it done, It actually was assembled on 1-14-21 a full week ahead of production week date given by dealer.

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
1st Order: I placed my 1st order early during the 1st week of Nov. At that time my order went through with no issues - it was within the system as a clean build. I cancelled that order (dealership "Sucked")

2nd Order: Placed on 20 Nov 2020, with a dealership that is far better than the 1st one. My 2nd order went in with no issues & listed initally like the 1st order as a clean build.

Build Date: 1st week of Feb with a projected deliverly date 1st week of March.

My Build: 2021 Limited (SQ) - loaded including the max reclining seats.

* From the begining - I knew what I wanted (the build configuration & options) and I wasn't about to change my order. Waiting does suck but I'll do that to get what I want in a truck. This 2021 is a truck that I'll kept for many years to come.

Since it's a Limited & no FX pkg- I have no intentions of being a off-roader/mud slinger. I have no plans in making any major modificaions. My basic items list;

1. In time - finding a better 22" tires designed for heavy rains./water.
2. Going with the Retrax "PowertraxONE MX" tonneau cover.
3. Mud Flaps
4. Rain Guards
5. Wind Deflector for sunroof - without it the darn thing makes a crazy pain in the ass noise.
6. Heavy Duty Rubberized bed mat on top of my spray in liner (it's a me thing). The Black Armour® Bed Matt, as it is the hardest working bed mat around.
7. 13" Antenna
8. Getting a new NOCO GB150 Boost Pro w/the case.
9. Swing Case SC203 Pickup Truck Tool Box -Truck Box Organizer (TBD) - have to study the install.
10. Absolutely tinting the front two (driver & passenger) windows.
11. Not sure about this one but I been looking @ a 12V electric jack w/impact wrench - The KINGCAV Electric Car Jack Hydraulic Floor Jack 12VTire Change Car Jack Hydraulic Car Jack 5 Ton (11000lb).
12. Vehicle coating - leaning toward the yearly coating vs the 5 year coating. (DYI).
13. Installing bake caliper covers (MGP Red Caliper Covers with Ford Oval Logo; Front and Rear) or having them painted.

Last edited:

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
1st Order: I placed my 1st order early during the 1st week of Nov. At that time my order went through with no issues - it was within the system as a clean build. I cancelled that order (dealership "Sucked")

2nd Order: Placed on 20 Nov 2020, with a dealership that is far better than the 1st one. My 2nd order went in with no issues & listed initally like the 1st order as a clean build.

Build Date: 1st week of Feb with a projected deliverly date 1st week of March.

* From the begining - I knew what I wanted (the build configuration & options) and I wasn't about to change my order. Waiting does suck but I'll do that to get what I want in a truck. This 2021 is a truck that I'll kept for many years to come.

Since it's a Limited & no FX pkg- I have no intentions of being a off-roader/mud slinger. I have no plans in making any major modificaions. My basic items list;

1. In time - finding a better 22" tires designed for heavy rains./water.
2. Going with the Retrax "PowertraxONE MX" tonneau cover.
3. Mud Flaps
4. Rain Guards
5. Wind Deflector for sunroof - without it the darn thing makes a crazy pain in the ass noise.
6. Heavy Duty Rubberized bed mat on top of my spray in liner (it's a me thing). The Black Armour® Bed Matt, as it is the hardest working bed mat around.
7. 13" Antenna
8. Getting a new NOCO GB150 Boost Pro w/the case.
9. Swing Case SC203 Pickup Truck Tool Box -Truck Box Organizer (TBD) - have to study the install.
10. Absolutely tinting the front two (driver & passenger) windows.
11. Not sure about this one but I been looking @ a 12V electric jack w/impact wrench - The KINGCAV Electric Car Jack Hydraulic Floor Jack 12VTire Change Car Jack Hydraulic Car Jack 5 Ton (11000lb).
12. Vehicle coating - leaning toward the yearly coating vs the 5 year coating. (DYI).
13. Installing bake caliper covers (MGP Red Caliper Covers with Ford Oval Logo; Front and Rear) or having them painted.
We’re very similar in our plans...I have an AMB Limited on the way and also have no plans for any crazy mods.
- Retrax Pro XR (considered the power one but don’t want another key fob to carry. I don’t even want the one! Would prefer Phone as a Key)
- definitely tint
- Line-X spray
- Black Armour mat (for same reasons you mention...it’s a “me thing” as well)
- maybe short antenna, don’t know yet
- would also like best possible tire but not sure what that is...Michelin Defender?
- considering something like Built Right or Putco side bed organizer panels/Molle
- probably a Ford OEM folding bed extender to use mostly inward as bed organizer to keep things in place a bit
-

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I have very similar if not the same... Limited 4x4 PowerBoost, Smoked Quartz, Max Recline!

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Given the material of the Black Armour bed mat, can you easily slide items across it, or is it grippy?

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My Ford (OEM) mat on my previous 2016 Pat slide. This one is a diamond pattern and will hold up well.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I have very similar if not the same... Limited 4x4 PowerBoost, Smoked Quartz, Max Recline!
In speaking with a few other folks getting a limited, seems like it make make sense to create a thread or even forum section dedicated to the trim level. I’ll create a thread and maybe one of the admin’s can create a section.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
My Ford (OEM) mat on my previous 2016 Pat slide. This one is a diamond pattern and will hold up well.
Some pros to having it grippy so cargo doesn't slide around, but for the most part being able to slide heavy items in the bed would be the bigger preference.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
Can a passenger use max recline while the vehicle is in drive?
Has anyone who has received their truck been able to test this?
Sponsored