First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Actually, I read an article where retrofits were underway already.
I read them too. I also read the comments on how people still have yet to actually get the retrofits. The stated they started in August, it's now October and people still don't have them.

Maybe some have, I don't know (people tend to post on articles like that when they have an issue, not when it's going as planned).

I've also read they are doing retrofits in order of popularity, meaning if you have a less popular car, you are kinda screwed. You might think that makes sense, but now think about how you feel if you bought one of those less popular cars. You still spent money.

Maybe GMs process will work, who knows. They stopped carrying heated seats in Nov of 2021. How many years will people have to wait for their retrofit?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I wanted my new truck to have the larger fuel tank and a locking rear differential and only Ram and Ford provide these. I wanted a V-6 engine without the Ram eTorque device that fails and is expensive to replace.

I use my truck as a truck and the rear tailgate with the pop out step and grab bar is the best design from any pickup manufacturer. Very nice to have a stock setup that makes it safe to go from the bed of the truck to the ground.

All the rest of the stuff is nice to have but in no way must have items. I have no ego investment in the truck as for me it is a utility vehice and I love that the ride is as comfortable as it is in my 2022 4WD with the Max Tow package. The Max Payload adds a third leaf spring but my truck still has a payload rating of 1770 lbs even with its passenger tires (which I can upgrade).

When one accepts a vehicle and signs off on receipt of it at the dealers it is in its current condition. If something is not right with the vehicle that is the time to make a list and have the dealer make corrections or walk away from the deal. With my previous truck it did not have the factory tow mirrors and I told the dealer I would not take the truck without this being fixed. Guess what? The dealer fixed the mirrors to be able to complete the sale.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I purchased a 22 KR Crew 4x4 with Tow Package Feb 01, 2022. At the same time I ordered the same truck with Max Tow Package, among other things. I went to take delivery yesterday, and I am amazed at what @Ford Motor Company is still doing. I have owned FoMoCo for 40+ years and will no longer choose Ford. With what I saw yesterday, I am not sure I would trust 2022 and 2023 F150 rolling off the assembly line. The rubber fender plug was the red flag to look closely, since I had an early model 22. The major issues is with the Pro Trailer Back Up Assist, at the bumper. As you may know, this is included with the Max Tow Pkg and Trailer Tow Pkg. Half way through 2021, Ford cut alot of features. One of those was the Trailer Yaw Sensor. It allows you to connect a specific trailer, save the perimeters, and use a know on the dash to control the trailer. It also allows you to hook up a camera so that you can see behind the trailer and monitor tire pressure on the trailer wheels. My 22 didn't have it, dealerships wanted $750+. (not everybody who advertised these on ebay actually sold them. many attempts but transactions were cancelled by sellers) The short, this port has many features tied to towing. @FordTrucks has chosen to remove this port and use a 4 pin trailer connector! How can Ford advertise all these features of the Pro Trailer Backup and remove this without notification?! So that's where it started.

As we look underneath, the differential is painted, but rear fenders are not. Being a King Ranch with 2 tone, it is very easy to distinguish between bare metal and bronze paint. Star White Metallic (+$795) is different than bare metal too. Where there was to be bronze, NO PAINT. The tops, front and back where there was to be white, VERY thin. The was considerable metal exposed. I have seen more overspray than what was on these fenders. I cannot help but to question the quality of the 22 F150's crammed through the line before the 23's. And I have to wonder, how will the 23's be different.

The rubber plug in the fender?! Obviously a solution purposed by an accountant, since this is a FUNCTIONING device used to evacuate heat from the engine bay. And yes, in the reflection of the correct Fender Vent is the 1997 F150 that we bought new in 1997. My adult daughter drove this in high school and college.

What about the brakes for Max Tow? When I watched the Chief Engineer talk about the F150, he said that the trucks through Tow Package would have the same size brakes. However, he said the Max Tow would have larger brakes. I assumed this would be larger rotors and calipers. Looking at the latest F150 with Max Tow compared to the Tow Package built earlier, I do not see a difference! I see the same diameter rotor. The distance between the wheels and the rotor seem to have the same gap, since both are 20" wheels.

And on the way home, I was using Adaptive Cruise in stop/go traffic on the highway. Someone stopped hard in front of me, the early truck came to a safe stop. The Honda behind me started skidding. And that got me to thinking, I have had the 12" display screen shut off several times and reboot while I am driving at 70+ mph. It lost the Cruise Settings! I had to turn on and set the speed again. So ... what would happen IF that reboot started while Adaptive Cruise was breaking?

Well, you say Ford would never let that happen, blah, blah, blah. To which I respond, Have you used Ford's Built-in Navigation?! On the way to the FORD dealership yesterday, the navigation circled the dealership 3 times! I was routed Past the dealership, Around the back of the dealership, Under the bridge to the Frontage road on the other side of the highway, and then to the dealership. This software engineering does not inspire confidence in critical software processes that are supposed to keep me safe.

We did not open the truck to inspect futher. I am certain that I do not have the Motion Control Seats that were included in the King Ranch Pkg when I purchased. FYI, did you know that Toyota and Lexus will not take an order if they do not have the parts?! They built ALL their vehicles as they were ordered.

My salesman just texted me saying that the Fender Vent should be in 4 - 5 months.

I am beyond all the excuses from Ford. During these 8.5 months the have screamed about their losses, deleted parts and features, raise the prices, fired 1,500+ employees, initial quality has sunk to a 20 year low while they build fewer units, stock is approaching $10 a share, and they rise in the Fortune 500 ranking from #53 to #22. Quite frankly, I have seen enough. Jim Farley's leadership has destroyed my confidence.I do not trust @Ford any more. #FireFarley
Have you been back to your dealer yet??

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
I empathize with you, my friend.

Ford build quality has become a literal joke. I've had my 2021 since late last year, and was thankful to receive a lot of features that got removed. That being said, I've been in to the dealer between 15-20 times to deal with the following:

Moonroof Leaking
Rear window rattling consistently
Rear window leaking (still an issue)
2 Speakers not connected from factory
Headliner falling out of moonroof
Door seal trim/moulding not installed correctly from factory & falling off
Top speaker buzzing due to incorrect installation
12V system dying during operation, disabling the truck
12V battery dying every couple of days due to phantom drain, even if being driven
Apple airplay not functioning intermittently
Bluecruise issues
Automatic wipers stopped working during rainstorm
Multiple safety recalls (sagging insulators, trailer module recall, outstanding wiper recall)
TPMS sensors not installed correctly/premature failure
Rear right axle bolt shearing off (that was a fun one)
Front left vehicle headlight showing condensation during overnight rain/automatic car wash
Sagging insulators (recalled)
Fabric fake “skid plate” falling off
APIM issues

The list goes on and on. I haven't had a month where it wasnt' in the shop. Good luck with your issues!
why have you not declared it a lemon and walk away?

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
Stay smitten!
It's an amazing truck.
I'm 72 weeks into Powerboosting and everytime I get in it I'm still thrilled with what Ford built.
I dont even know if I should post this but here goes I have had it four days and can get 28 mpg around town, and the weirdest thing is I got 3 or four options I declined, not sure about one. it may have been included. fit finish and my anti matter blue is stunning. but i do wish they would develop a plug in series hybrid with direct drive of engine above 50 mph. but other than that I am golden

Sponsored

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150