Sponsored

Ford called today and extended BC for another month

sailorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4
I got a call from Ford today about extending BC. I explained that I would love an extension but my BC has been broken for some time. Was quickly transferred to Ford Connected Services. They did some troubleshooting on their side and could see that I have been having OTA issues (still stuck at 22192). They asked that I contact my preferred dealership and refer them to TSB 22-2105 for fix action (to start).

Interestingly, they said that OTA's do not come over the AT&T network. I see that mentioned a lot here.
Sponsored

Sensorsman

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost Platinum
Occupation
Sensor engineer
Got a call from Ford today telling me they are extending my BlueCruise which was expiring this month until 4/25 for free. Asked for my feedback with BC. I told him my feedback and that I was really waiting for the BC 1.2 update they announced last September. I really hope they extended it because 1.2 is being pushed soon to those not in early access. Anyone else get called and extended like this? It caught me off guard or I would have asked more questions.
My bluecruise has never worked but I got the notice which is hilarious. One of my ecu's died and I am in week two of a cab off repair at the dealer which they tell me will finally fix the problem. Do you like the BC?

OP
OP

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
My bluecruise has never worked but I got the notice which is hilarious. One of my ecu's died and I am in week two of a cab off repair at the dealer which they tell me will finally fix the problem. Do you like the BC?
I usually use it on long trips and it is great. It is much less tiring to drive long distances. With the lane change and fine tuning in 1.2 I expect it will be much better. The $200 per year is borderline max I would pay.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I got a call from Ford today about extending BC. I explained that I would love an extension but my BC has been broken for some time. Was quickly transferred to Ford Connected Services. They did some troubleshooting on their side and could see that I have been having OTA issues (still stuck at 22192). They asked that I contact my preferred dealership and refer them to TSB 22-2105 for fix action (to start).

Interestingly, they said that OTA's do not come over the AT&T network. I see that mentioned a lot here.
Hi there! I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

OTA's 100% do come in over they trucks cellular network. You are not "stuck" at 22192 and the TSB they referred to to change your BC expiration date; it has nothing to do with fixing OTA updates. It sounds to me like whoever you spoke to on the phone knows much about anything.

Oh, how I wish I would get one of those calls from Ford. I feel sorry for the poor bastard on the other side of that call.

Sponsored

sailorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4
OTA's 100% do come in over they trucks cellular network. You are not "stuck" at 22192 and the TSB they referred to to change your BC expiration date; it has nothing to do with fixing OTA updates. It sounds to me like whoever you spoke to on the phone knows much about anything.

Oh, how I wish I would get one of those calls from Ford. I feel sorry for the poor bastard on the other side of that call.
Ok, take a breath. "Stuck" is my word, not theirs. First update attempt from 22192 failed, second attempt hasn't scheduled yet equals "stuck" in my book.

The reason the expiration date isnt shown, and the reason my BC doesnt work right now is because the truck hasnt been able to perform a map update within a certain length of time, so the system disables BC for safety reasons, per the Connected Services tech. The tech did try to force a map update, which also failed. Failure to update BC maps along with inability to receive OTA's suggests something else is going on.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ok, take a breath. "Stuck" is my word, not theirs. First update attempt from 22192 failed, second attempt hasn't scheduled yet equals "stuck" in my book.

The reason the expiration date isnt shown, and the reason my BC doesnt work right now is because the truck hasnt been able to perform a map update within a certain length of time, so the system disables BC for safety reasons, per the Connected Services tech. The tech did try to force a map update, which also failed. Failure to update BC maps along with inability to receive OTA's suggests something else is going on.
I know. I checked your truck before. The reason for the failure is Ford's crappy OTA process. There is nothing wrong with your truck. 3.5.3/3.5.3.2 has failed for countless people. When the fail rate is that high, the problem is the source. Your truck does have successful OTAs recorded in its history going back to September of last year. It is not your truck that hasn't been able to perform the update.....it is Ford that is incapable of updating your truck. There is a difference.

So yes, I would very much LOVE for Ford to call me to ask me about extending my BC. That way I can ask them to reimburse me for the $600+ dollars I had to spend to get the BC I paid for and never got. I had to install it in the truck myself. Why? Because neither Ford or Ford dealers were capable of doing so.

btw: There is no record in FDRS history of any tech trying to perform a map update.

Sensorsman

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost Platinum
Occupation
Sensor engineer
I usually use it on long trips and it is great. It is much less tiring to drive long distances. With the lane change and fine tuning in 1.2 I expect it will be much better. The $200 per year is borderline max I would pay.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Sounds like Ford has outsourced these BC calls to the same call center that XM uses to call me trying to get me to resubscribe to satellite radio but can’t comprehend how I could be using the iPhone app that is linked to my wife’s subscription for her car.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ford's OTA hotline people are the worst. I still remember the one guy that was told by them that the reason he wasn't getting OTA's is because his gas tank was half empty. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
I've talked to at lest 2 dozen people at the connected service group trying to get my BC extended as Ford has my truck for 7 months due to part availability, so I want those 7 months back of BC subscription. At this point, I actually think they should give me a 3 year subscription as I've spent more than 600 bucks of my own time trying to get help. Now that I have my truck back, I can't get BC to even activate on any road, I've seen someone else with this issue as well. The last OTA update I got was the one that made blue cruise work, I got to use it a couple times last June when it activated, but Ford had My truck from early July until late Jan.

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum

That is misinformation from a CS rep. The OTAs absolutely come through the cellular connection. I received the 4.2.1 update while at the grocery store yesterday. No wifi.

sailorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4
That is misinformation from a CS rep. The OTAs absolutely come through the cellular connection. I received the 4.2.1 update while at the grocery store yesterday. No wifi.
No disagreement on that. I asked the rep if Ford uses the AT&T network specifically, because my AT&T reception is really poor where I live and could contribute to why I am not getting OTAs.

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
They use the AT&T connection and they can also use a WiFi connection in certain instances. For " condition " updates, they may use both. WiFi only makes a download happen a little quicker, maybe. You don't need wifi. As far as I've seen, the 3.5.2, 3.5.3, 3.5.4 and 4.2.1, have all been no condition updates. That means they download and install whenever. You don't have to be parked, engine off, or anything. You just need to have cell coverage so the download can happen. It looks like you are stuck on the 3.5.2 update. Like so many others. Go to your dealer and demand they manually do it. You'll be on 3.5.3.2 and then 3.5.4 will happen OTA a few days later and then 4.2.1 not long after. 3.5.3 fixes the stuck updates. Call this number and complain...1(833)389-0848. It is Ford's Sync tech number.

Last edited:

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
This is most likely someone from a minimum wage call center calling you who has no knowledge of Blue Cruise other than what is on their script- not a Ford employee or even a Ford contractor
Sponsored