First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
With openpilot finally working for the f150 "sunnypilot " I have no need for BC. The comma 3X with sunnypilot build absolutely blows BC 1.2 away!!! I have no idea what BC 1.3 could do better. It was 1200.00 though.
Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
OP
OP
zacko11288

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
With openpilot finally working for the f150 "sunnypilot " I have no need for BC. The comma 3X with sunnypilot build absolutely blows BC 1.2 away!!! I have no idea what BC 1.3 could do better. It was 1200.00 though.
Doesn't that require mounting extra hardware and another screen on your dash?

OP
OP
zacko11288

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering

Sponsored

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
It's possible this is referring to the '21 MME and not F150's. I'm still purchasing the additional 3 years but keeping my expectations low
Good point. The 1
I might have missed it, but where do we have definitive confirmation that 21's will get it? Yes we've gotten some modules, but who's gotten them all?
Good points. I read the 7.0.0 release notes to be all vehicles with BC. You could be right but I’m hopeful we will get it. I’ve gotten up to the 6.13.0 updates so fingers crossed the 7.0.0 comes out. Maybe a great Christmas present 😂

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Good point. The 1

Good points. I read the 7.0.0 release notes to be all vehicles with BC. You could be right but I’m hopeful we will get it. I’ve gotten up to the 6.13.0 updates so fingers crossed the 7.0.0 comes out. Maybe a great Christmas present 😂
I'm hopeful as well, but I think it's extremely shitty for Ford to push out that limited time offer without actually having an updated BC. Basically it's a "trust us we're good for it" email at best.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Doesn't that require mounting extra hardware and another screen on your dash?
Yes. Openpilot is a system that intercepts the commands given to steering, gas, brakes. It does this without changing ford's software. All factory software and hardware are left intact. It's like having a passenger that says "let me drive, I can control the car better" nothing on the car is changed. Openpilot just cuts in on the factory autopilot system commands to the steering, gas, brakes.
The device does hang under the review mirror. It's small and I don't notice it. The screen has prominent information used to understand what is being controlled. It would be impossible to incorporate the software data output to the factory screens. Too many different cars. Driving with it now for about 3 weeks has convinced me that I won't be buying a Bluecruise subscription.
Openpilot with sunnypilot software add on blows away Bluecruise and works on ALL roads without sacrificing safety features.
Now there are other features that can be turned on by menu's that bring other cool stuff. Some of them are a work in progress.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Good point. The 1

when did you get 6.13.0 ? is your truck a 2021 job 1 ?

Sponsored

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
$75 per month? They are out of their damn minds.
No, no they are not. Those that take Ford up on any offer for BlueCruise is who is out of their minds.

There are some that will receive value from the subscription. I am not one of those.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As I have stated before, most of the time that my truck is on the highway and able to use blue cruise , I have my bike rack installed and it has STT lights installed. As soon as I plug the lights in, the truck thinks there is a trailer attached and bingo, no blue cruise . When the bikes are on the rack, enough of my taillights are blocked and it's just not safe. So this is a no for me, unless of course Ford gives us another extension until 1.3 comes out and we see if we like it. If Ford wants this subscription program to work, that's what they should do.
I too use trailer lights on my bike rack for the same reason. Sure enough, no BlueCruise with a trailer. Solution: use the weighted steering wheel hack to fool lane centering. Bingo. Hands-free driving. I thought about wiring in a 4-pin connector to bypass Ford's connector. I don't know if this would solve the problem or not. The weighted wheel is my solution.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm really hoping to see comma break their device into 2 parts
I bought and returned a Comma 3x. The monitor and the cameras need to be separated from one another. There's no reason to have that lump in the middle of your windshield. The package needs to be much smaller and be mountable in a more out of the way location. The monitor itself needn't be smack dab in the middle of the windshield.

The Comma turned out not to be plug-n-play with my Maverick. I'll check in again on the Comma later when hopefully it will be plug-n-play for both my Maverick and F-150.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would pay $100 a year
I get BlueCruise is a product that will need continued servicing. We'll each apply a different value for this service. I agree with $100 annually or $10 monthly. That's what I'm willing to pay. Even at this price I would think twice because it'll be just another subscription that'll forever creep upward. Just like tipping, I'm getting sick and tired of subscriptions.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
[/QUOTE]
The Comma turned out not to be plug-n-play with my Maverick. I'll check in again on the Comma later when hopefully it will be plug-n-play for both my Maverick and F-150.
[/QUOTE]

It's unfortunate that you had trouble with your maverick. But for the F150 it is plug and play in relation to being a Bluecruise replacement.
Install is 30min, link to a URL to automatically load software and done.
With one setting made it does what Bluecruise should do. Doesn't shut off with trailers, doesn't care what roads your on. Every road is centered!
Just using stock settings it's amazing.
If your more adventurous and want some more features you can explore.
Instructions show mounting under rear view mirror. To me I don't notice it but you can mount it right of the mirror and adjust the offset in settings.
I personally like my install under mirror. I like seeing what mode the AP is in. I like seeing warning messages. It's exactly like having a dash cam.
Whether or you like the little box or not it absolutely blows Bluecruise away in every way.
Sponsored