First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Has anyone reached out to Ford to see how long the offer was good for? Reading the email and Fordpass notification, it looks like any '21 Job 1 will get that pricing for the first renewal and subsequent renewals will be at whatever new pricing is. Just wasn't sure if I had to renew before it expired or if it was possible to do it in early '24.
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Has anyone reached out to Ford to see how long the offer was good for? Reading the email and Fordpass notification, it looks like any '21 Job 1 will get that pricing for the first renewal and subsequent renewals will be at whatever new pricing is. Just wasn't sure if I had to renew before it expired or if it was possible to do it in early '24.
I'd assume if you have the offer that others had expiring 12/31 it will expire on 12/31.

Ford could do an offer in future but that is the gamble you take by waiting. Entirely up to you. I don't have BC but I'm happy Ford is making an offer for those that do.

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
I got the same email and called Ford. I was connected to their OTA Team for my question about BC 1.3. I have BC 1.0 and it wanders like everyone else. If 1.3 is not coming, I would not upgrade.

The OTA gal confirmed that BC 1.3 IS NOT planned for release to the 2021s. Not sure if it is just the Job 1 trucks or all 2021s. Her comment was "2021 F150s are not on the list planned to receive the BC 1.3 updates.".... So the $600/3 years seems to be their attempt to appease these early adopters, giving us a cheaper BC since we will have to put up with the wandering BC 1.0 version.... No thanks here....
Did you happen to ask if we will still have the driving assist withe the 360 CoPilot without Blue Cruise? As in, will the truck act like it did just before Blue Cruise was turned on? I ran it for months like that and it was fine without BlueCruise. ALSO, if we let it expire what happens? Can we pay for it after the expiration? If you don't know no worries, just thought I would ask!

Addabob64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Limited 900A
I didn’t specifically ask that, but would assume that if someone doesn’t renew the BC subscription, the advanced cruise will still be operational (hands on the wheel required).

If you don’t get the $600/3 years offer, you can still subscribe to BC at a later date at the then-current price. I think that is at $800/year if memory serves me.

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Here is my question.

I have 6 months left on my current 2021 F150 lease and intend to order a 2024 F150 with the BlueCruise equipment. I talked to Ford Connected Services to ask the following questions as to what happens to my subscription on my 2021 F150.

1. If I pay $600 for 3 years and trade my truck what happens? The $600 is non-refundable. You can call to create a request for a special exception to transfer the subscription, and it may or may not be approved, but it's non-refundable.
  2. If my truck is in an accident what happens? The $600 is nonrefundable. You can call to create a request for a special exception, and it may or may not be approved, but it's non-refundable.
  3. If I sell my truck what happens? The $600 is non-refundable.
So, buy a 2024 and it is totaled 4 months later, and it takes a few months to get a new one, so we lose the $2,100 subscription because it is non-refundable?1?!

This makes me rethink BlueCruise...

Sponsored

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties
Here is my question.

I have 6 months left on my current 2021 F150 lease and intend to order a 2024 F150 with the BlueCruise equipment. I talked to Ford Connected Services to ask the following questions as to what happens to my subscription on my 2021 F150.

1. If I pay $600 for 3 years and trade my truck what happens? The $600 is non-refundable. You can call to create a request for a special exception to transfer the subscription, and it may or may not be approved, but it's non-refundable.
  2. If my truck is in an accident what happens? The $600 is nonrefundable. You can call to create a request for a special exception, and it may or may not be approved, but it's non-refundable.
  3. If I sell my truck what happens? The $600 is non-refundable.
So, buy a 2024 and it is totaled 4 months later, and it takes a few months to get a new one, so we lose the $2,100 subscription because it is non-refundable?1?!

This makes me rethink BlueCruise...
I see your point, but I think you are being a bit critical...this is how any subscription works. You can pay month-month for a higher rate and break it any time or you can pre-pay for a discount. Yes if you lose your hardware you are probably SOL, but thats just the world we live in these days.

Admittedly this is new territory for cars, but its not like this business model is unique to Ford.

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I see your point, but I think you are being a bit critical...this is how any subscription works. You can pay month-month for a higher rate and break it any time or you can pre-pay for a discount. Yes if you lose your hardware you are probably SOL, but thats just the world we live in these days.

Admittedly this is new territory for cars, but its not like this business model is unique to Ford.
What subscription can you not use on different hardware though In a scenario like the above? I honestly can’t think of any. Sounds like an accountant and lawyer set this policy to try and generate more pure profit.

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties
Off the top of my head for the consumer space Whoop bands are like this. If I want to get the 4.0 I have extend/upgrade my subscription. Can’t just buy the new device.

This has also been common in the enterprise IT space for decades. Companies like NetApp have made billions with this business model.
Sponsored