Sponsored

For those with Front Bench - Lariat's etc. Cupholders!

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
What do you do for cupholders when someone's sitting in the middle seat (or if you have your backpack/briefcase there and can't fold it down)?

When someone is in the middle seat*, there are no literally no cupholders accessible to the front row that will hold a standard styrofoam cup**.

To add insult to injury, there are very nice cupholders in both rear door armrests.

In our front bench Tahoe, I used four of these: http://theledgecupholder.com/ as well as two of the AC-vent clip on style (we do a lot of fast food meals & have kids). I can't use the "Ledge" cupholders in the Truck b/c of the window tint (it scratches) and the AC vent style I was using I can't find anymore, so PLEASE let me know if you guys use any particular aftermarket cupholders. Thanks in advance

Note: *I'm not counting the removeable 2-cupholder tray that fits into the front edge of the jumpseat, because the whole reason for the truck is greater middle-seat legroom and comfort than a Tahoe, and putting in that tray kills most of it. **Also, I'm not counting the lower front door-pocket cupholders because, if you've tried, they're only big enough for coke cans without having to tip the drink sideways to put it in.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
scuba

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pic for interest and interesting comparison of jumpseat legroom between my '22 Lariat Mid trim and '13 Tahoe LT.

Ford F-150 For those with Front Bench - Lariat's etc. Cupholders! CropperCapture[994]

Tharnett78

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2008 F150
Occupation
Gas Plant Operator
That Tahoe seat must have been made for amputees.

Sponsored

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
I'm almost always drinking out of a tall water bottle which fits in the door pockets perfectly. They're much improved over my 2015 F150. You could always get the double cupholder that fits between the seat as long as your middle passenger doesn't mind straddling your drink.
Ford F-150 For those with Front Bench - Lariat's etc. Cupholders! 1660785388398

OP
OP
scuba

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm almost always drinking out of a tall water bottle which fits in the door pockets perfectly. They're much improved over my 2015 F150. You could always get the double cupholder that fits between the seat as long as your middle passenger doesn't mind straddling your drink.
1660785388398.png
Yeah-- I've got that, but trying to find another solution. (And for better or worse am always using a big styrofoam cup).

mazeppa

First Name
Y = X/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL F150 2.7 4x4 RCLB
There is limited room for cup holder and a middle passenger up front, just the way it is in a F150.

Maybe a ram mount cup could possibly work.

Ford F-150 For those with Front Bench - Lariat's etc. Cupholders! download

OP
OP
scuba

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Last edited:
OP
OP
scuba

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking at Rammount options. There is lots of space at about eye-level to mount something to the dash-- was just hoping someone had already figured out how.

Like this (but a drink would be too much weight cantilevered like that)
https://www.bulletpointmountingsolu...ash-mount-phone-device-holder-14th-generation
Update, I bought the bulletpoint kit and a cupholder with a compatible ball mount to try this solution, but was hoping someone had figured out something else before drilling / trying it this weekend.

Any others who carry three upfront invented a solution?
... the f150forum guys are trying .

Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Ranger; 24 F-150 XL 4x4 RCSB ordered
Occupation
Retired USAF
Update, I bought the bulletpoint kit and a cupholder with a compatible ball mount to try this solution, but was hoping someone had figured out something else before drilling / trying it this weekend.

Any others who carry three upfront invented a solution?
... the f150forum guys are trying .
The homemade one that slips into the headrest holes looks slick !!

OP
OP
scuba

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alright I installed the bulletpoint mount in order to get some #$%^ cupholders in my 6-passenger F150. I've never done anything like this before (my driving is not Go-Pro worthy, and I have enough clutter in my truck that I like having a clean looking dash), BUT, if it's worth a couple of hundred bucks to you to have cupholders when sitting 3-across like it was for me, this set up turned out to work. (solid for a 12oz Coke and held one of those huge Stanley tumblers that's all the rage, etc.). Haven't tried a full big gulp, but it feels solid enough that I'm calling it good. (Good enough for me to now double-down and buy the additional hardware to duplicate this on passenger side).

Ford F-150 For those with Front Bench - Lariat's etc. Cupholders! 2024-01-28 23_30_10

Ford F-150 For those with Front Bench - Lariat's etc. Cupholders! 2024-01-28 23_29_55

OP
OP
scuba

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, finally done. "Say the front bench is hurting for cupholders without saying the front bench is hurting for cupholders" (pic)

Ford F-150 For those with Front Bench - Lariat's etc. Cupholders! 20240206_175040
Sponsored