Sponsored

Fluid Film the chassis? (Corrosion protection)

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
If I was going to protect the bits and bobs of my undercarriage, I’d probably use this once and forget about it.

E0D9CCEC-3775-4A7B-A427-02EAC90E0F79.jpeg
This is Cosmoline. There is nothing better but I believe Valugard 160 is similar.
Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
This is Cosmoline. There is nothing better but I believe Valugard 160 is similar.
Yessir. It is Cosmoline. Just in black form is all.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
What are your thoughts on using this on a rusted (from the factory) rear axle?
According to what I’ve read about it, you can apply over rusted surfaces provided you’ve removed any loose and flaking rust and have an oil and grease free surface to work with.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I just picked up some Amsoil Heavy Duty Metal Protector to give protection underneath. I was going to have the LineX product applied, not the black rubber undercoating, but my local LineX doesn't offer it.
I got my truck a few weeks ago and had the line x undercoating done (I’m in Michigan) looks like they really did a good job from what I can see from being under the truck. Also had them line x the bed and put a soft rolling cover on as well.

thechester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I got my truck a few weeks ago and had the line x undercoating done (I’m in Michigan) looks like they really did a good job from what I can see from being under the truck. Also had them line x the bed and put a soft rolling cover on as well.
What did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?

I was quoted from another LineX location and it was $599.

Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
What did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?

I was quoted from another LineX location and it was $599.
I think it was about $900. When did you get your quote? With that the bedliner and cover it was about $2200. Wallet was a little light leaving that place. Lol.

thechester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I think it was about $900. When did you get your quote? With that the bedliner and cover it was about $2200. Wallet was a little light leaving that place. Lol.
Last week. I already had the bed lined for $700 but that location doesn't do any of the rust stuff. I figured it'd be a couple hundred bucks. I was floored when he said $599.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
It also pays to wash the undercarriage frequently during the winter months and to install wheel liners and mud/splash guards. Even with my sailboat and its marine grade stainless steel fittings it is important to regularly hose everything down with fresh water.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Will any of these coatings hold up to the under spray of a car wash? I live in the snow belt and have been debating getting an undercoating vs running through a few washes in the winter
Yea on the value guard.

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
I just picked up some Amsoil Heavy Duty Metal Protector to give protection underneath. I was going to have the LineX product applied, not the black rubber undercoating, but my local LineX doesn't offer it.
I believe the HDMP is a cosmoline based product.
I'm personally going to spray everything in the PB Surface shield product, it seems to be a superior product to surface shield. I drive a lot over the passes with salt/sand so hopefully this helps.

Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Just my 0.02$, I only ever wash the undercarriage of my car in the spring since water activates the salt which then causes corrosion.

steel is widely used in salt mines and does not corrode because it is dry down there.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Will any of these coatings hold up to the under spray of a car wash? I live in the snow belt and have been debating getting an undercoating vs running through a few washes in the winter
Value gaurd does

OP
OP
Mosey

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Just my 0.02$, I only ever wash the undercarriage of my car in the spring since water activates the salt which then causes corrosion.

steel is widely used in salt mines and does not corrode because it is dry down there.
I see you are from the Great White North. I have a question for you. What the heck do they put on the roads in Canada? When I was looking for my truck I could instantly tell the ones from Canada by taking a quick glance at the underbody - every truck I saw had terrible rust. Most of these,trucks were from Ontario.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
I see you are from the Great White North. I have a question for you. What the heck do they put on the roads in Canada? When I was looking for my truck I could instantly tell the ones from Canada by taking a quick glance at the underbody - every truck I saw had terrible rust. Most of these,trucks were from Ontario.
I'm in the Toronto area. Lots of salt on the roads but the salt brine spray is killer.

I Corrosion Free all my vehicles then give a good underbody wash in the Spring. I then reapply Corrosion Free before the following Winter season.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
they salt it like it’s going out of style! Everywhere east of Ontario as far as I know
Sponsored