First Mods for new 2023 F150?

somecatchyphrase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150, 2023 Audi Etron Quattro
Occupation
Doer of stuff and things.
I have ordered a 2023 XLT302a Super Crew 5.0 4x4. It will probably be here in the next few years. While I am waiting I’m starting to plan out my first few mods for the vehicle. I have perused many a thread on these forums about such topics but I am curious to get any new ideas and/or product information. There are many mods I want to do eventually such as suspension, wheel/tire upgrades, bed topper, performance enhancements, etc but those are more involved and I want to live with my truck stock-ish before making such upgrades. In the meantime I’m looking into more of a “protection/longevity/appearance” mod phase that is not too involved for when I first get the truck. Many threads like this have mods such as “new antenna” or “wheel well liners”. Specific brands/models and best places to purchase would be most helpful. If any of this has already been covered please point me to the thread. Keeping within the theme of phase 1 being “protection/longevity/appearance; below is my current list of ideas for easy/early mods and I look forward to feedback and others sharing their experience/ideas

• Any info/reviews on ceramic coating would be appreciated. Is it worth paying a professional shop to do it? Has anyone found success with the coating protecting the painted front bumper? Anything out there better than ceramic coating?
  • I gather that rust spots under the truck are an unfortunate reality and that they are cosmetic. I still don’t like it. What/if any aftermarket solutions are there to this? Should I just take a can of Corrosion-X and go to town?
  • It’s been a long time since I’ve had any vehicle windows tinted. It seems that ceramic something is all the new rage. Are there any threads specifically covering the different types of tint and pros/cons of each? I live in Florida so heat reflection is a big consideration.
  • Antenna recommendations? Has anyone noticed a loss of reception quality with stubby antennas?
  • I love the Black appearance package but was not able to order it based on other needs for my truck (6.5ft bed). Where is the best place to get aftermarket black appearance package products? Emblems, badges, etc.
  • Does anyone have any experience between the most popular wheel well liners? It seems that Husky and OEM are the most mentioned. Is one superior to the other?
  • It is my understanding that the XLT302a will have LED headlights but I am unsure if all of the individual bulbs in the housing will be LED, same for the tailight. Ultimately I want to have all LEDs throughout the truck. What is your favorite source for quality LED bulbs/fitment guides?
  • I did not get the OEM bed lighting. Does anyone have any experience/suggestions for aftermarket bed lighting? Ideally with the same function as OEM? I don’t have the truck yet so I am unsure what wiring/harnesses are available for aftermarket.
  • Skid plates: It seems that RCI and Talons Garage are the two most popular options. My primary concern here is ease of access for oil changes and ease of install without interfering with other components. Any thoughts vs the two brands?
  • Wheel to Wheel Rock Sliders: I’m having a hard time finding anything here for the 6.5 bed. I do appreciate the “flared” step by the rear wheel to help with bed access and I suppose in theory the rock sliders would also function as an extra level of safety in the event of a side impact. I know bed steps can easily fill the desire to make getting in and out easier but I would want something more substantial.
  • I gather that husky floor mats are very popular. Are there any other contenders in terms of durability and maximum carpet coverage? It seems that in my other vehicles with floormats I still can’t for the life of me keep fine sand particles out of the carpet.
  • Any non-leather seat cover options? Back in the day I had a set of neoprene covers that I really did enjoy but do not have to have that specific material.
Whew, I think researching that list should keep me plenty busy as I await my truck. I appreciate any insight/wisdom.
Sponsored

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
Here’s what I bought for my xlt

Rydon air antenna
Husky floor mats/ wheel well liners
Sylvanias 194 led license plate bulbs

I’ll probably get
oem skid plates
Ford Performance Bilstein shocks

OP
OP
somecatchyphrase

somecatchyphrase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150, 2023 Audi Etron Quattro
Occupation
Doer of stuff and things.
Here’s what I bought for my xlt

Rydon air antenna
Husky floor mats/ wheel well liners
Sylvanias 194 led license plate bulbs

I’ll probably get
oem skid plates
Ford Performance Bilstein shocks
What version of the Husky floor mats did you get? How have you been liking them?

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
You can add ford lighting, check forums for part number
Add linex bed covering, and the boxlink
Added ford wheel arch liner and mud flaps
Add a bed cover. Even a cheap one like I got, has been trouble free
Added weather tech floor mats front and rear.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
I have the oem all weather mats, they are fine. If you want maximum coverage, look at Tuxmat.

Rust on the undercarriage can be prevented with rust proofing. I do it yearly on my vehicles through a dealer and we are in the North with salt brine spray on the roads.

Builtright industries stubby antenna. Much better than the Amazon cheapies, I've been happy with it, survives car washes and if you are in/near populated areas the reception is fine.

Husky or oem rear wheel liners, can't go wrong with either.

Window tint, I've always just tinted fronts to match. Once did our last Expedition, all windows and pano roof with the ceramic heat coating and there was an improvement that I noticed. For our new Expy, I decided not to just for the cost alone. I'll just keep the piano roof closed on super sunny days.

Either bedspray liner or a bedrug will do you well.

Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
I would suggest getting a professionally done ceramic coating. now its technically not hard to do but can be time consuming. do you value your time or money? haha
only other thing better than ceramic is PFF. its essentially a clear bra. most do their painted bumpers, mirrors, hood, front fenders...keeps rock chips down.

linex and other companies offer under coating. hell ford will probably try to upsale ya when you go to do paperwork. no idea if they do a good job or not. being in FL you may not really need it as bad.

Ceramic tint is the rage. blocks out the UV best and reflects heat best. some are better than others some claim you dont lose cell reception....llumar, 3m...are the big ones locally to me that are top notch.

ton of antenna options out there. i just bought the 13" ryondair .

you can find custom badges on ebay/etsy but OEM stuff best from the dealer, tasca....all that stuff is expensive but out there.

you can find headlights and tail lights on ebay and maybe on the forums as well.

wheel well liners....seems husky is everyones go to b/c they are cheaper than OEM but i went with the OEM wheel well liners.

no idea on LED bulbs, sylvania makes a bunch. superbright leds website, american trucks

you can install the OEM bed lighting in your truck. believe you need forscan to turn it on.

no idea on skid plates or rock sliders...though, you can add the tremor front skid plate with all oem hardware.

no idea on seat covers

theres tons of good options for floor mats, husky, weathertech, rough country. i went with OEM

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
What version of the Husky floor mats did you get? How have you been liking them?
Still waiting for my truck so haven’t been able to try out anything yet
Sponsored