Sponsored

Fan Auto Setting

Cooter'sFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several XJs, a TJ, T-Bird, and an Expedition
Hello our truck has another issue now. It's the "Auto Fan Speed". If you adjust the auto setting or turn it on, all the zones turn off and the fan speed stops. It's supposed to set one of three fan speed high limits, but it does nothing. I've tried turning the heat up and down, but nothing happens unless you click it off the auto setting. Funny too, if you try to change zones with the auto setting on, you'll see all zones not active. As soon as you try to put it on floor or defrost etc. it turns off the Auto Setting. It doesn't make sense, but maybe there's some memory or other setting involved. Anyone experiencing this same thing or have an idea of a setting we may be missing? This is an XLT Mid. Thanks
Sponsored

edavis4798

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost FX4
The auto setting controls the zone and fan speed. If its cold out and you have Auto on, it will keep the blower fan off until the engine warms up enough to get significant heat, then will slowly ramp up the speed, while keeping airflow between the defrosters and footwell vents. I typically leave mine on auto high, set the temp, and let it do its thing and i've never had any issues. In the summer time it does the opposite, it blasts the ac out the dash vents until it gets to your desired temp then ramps the fan speed down to keep it there.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Auto can run 1-3 fan speed which are all near silent. If you have radio going can be hard to hear the fan at all.

OP
OP

Cooter'sFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several XJs, a TJ, T-Bird, and an Expedition
Thanks. We tested more today and found the only way it really reacted was putting the temp selector at full heat (Hi) or full cold. That was the only way to hear a fan adjustment, and moving it the other way just one click on the temp was like shutting it off. So, I guess it's doing something, but I wish it was more linear and I could force the zone. Oh well

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello our truck has another issue now. It's the "Auto Fan Speed". If you adjust the auto setting or turn it on, all the zones turn off and the fan speed stops. It's supposed to set one of three fan speed high limits, but it does nothing. I've tried turning the heat up and down, but nothing happens unless you click it off the auto setting. Funny too, if you try to change zones with the auto setting on, you'll see all zones not active. As soon as you try to put it on floor or defrost etc. it turns off the Auto Setting. It doesn't make sense, but maybe there's some memory or other setting involved. Anyone experiencing this same thing or have an idea of a setting we may be missing? This is an XLT Mid. Thanks
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored