First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR 5.0
2022, 5.0 v8, 4x4.

Has about 200 miles on it

When I get into it after sitting overnight, put it into gear it almost feels like transmission fluid is low ( like converter drained out overnight). This lasts about 10-20 seconds.

Anyone else feel this?
Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
I've heard of them being low from the factory, but not sure how common it is.

Mine really shifted hard when it got it but really smoothed out after 5K miles with the adapting tables and all that.

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
About 400 miles on mine, PB. The EV-ICE transition is a little balky but not objectionable since you're putting a 3-ton object into motion. It skips straight to 3rd gear which is also a little dodgy, but everything else is great. I'm just going to drive it and not worry that it doesn't feel like a Honda.

Chilidog

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, Lariat, 5.0, Fx4, 502A, Carbonized Gray
About 400 miles on mine, PB. The EV-ICE transition is a little balky but not objectionable since you're putting a 3-ton object into motion. It skips straight to 3rd gear which is also a little dodgy, but everything else is great. I'm just going to drive it and not worry that it doesn't feel like a Honda.
No kidding! I just picked mine up two days ago. The shifting is a little rough for sure. I traded in a VW Passat that shifted beautifully in comparison. But I sure do love my new truck!

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I have a 4X4 5.0 with 3.73 gears and it’s always been super smooth at startup and all other times other than when in tow/haul mode and it randomly decides to hold a lower gear when trying to drive slowly and smoothly on flat ground in moderate highway traffic. Even the auto start/stop is super smooth!

Definitely get everything checked out and don’t listen to the dealership ‘learning’ nonsense that they have used on other owners experiencing transmission issues.
Sponsored