Engine on due to cold?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm amazed that the OAR isn't -1.0 (max)
Although OAR probably already adjusted down since you refilled.

Let me go fetch code info for you
Sponsored

OP
OP

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Understanding the oar pid escapes me. What are the limits and what does the numbers mean?

OP
OP

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Omg. I just scrolled through 3 pages of adds just trying to read yhis thread. I'm using a android phone. Time to root.

RcFlyer330

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited Powerboost
Omg. I just scrolled through 3 pages of adds just trying to read yhis thread. I'm using a android phone. Time to root.
I might be slightly off here but the values for OAR range from -1 to +1. The closer it is to -1 the better the fuel quality and as it starts going towards +1 the lower the quality of the fuel. while I havent watched it that much I have noticed with midgrade 89 it is around -0.5 and with preminum 93 it is pegged at -1. on regular 87 i am not sure the exact numbers but i think it was between 0 and -0.3 on my powerboost.

Sponsored

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
Mine did this once. I turned it off and let it sit for a while and it fixed itself. Hasn't done it since.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I might be slightly off here but the values for OAR range from -1 to +1. The closer it is to -1 the better the fuel quality and as it starts going towards +1 the lower the quality of the fuel. while I havent watched it that much I have noticed with midgrade 89 it is around -0.5 and with preminum 93 it is pegged at -1. on regular 87 i am not sure the exact numbers but i think it was between 0 and -0.3 on my powerboost.
^^^ @Spiffy

RCflyer nailed it

OAR is really just an indicator of which timing tables the pcm is using for timing advance. If OAR is pegged at -1.0, then you know the pcm is using the most aggressive timing table available, AND that it can because the knock sensors are urging it to.

Good quality 93 octane is necessary to hit -1

Ads suck.
I use the mobile browser "Brave" for the forum. I don't see them. :)

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
He explained that all the rest of my trucks have writing at filler neck prohibited Fuels. This one has nothing so figuring a new truck it can take anything. Dam glad he didn't put diesel in
Ford F-150 Engine on due to cold? 1683205955313

OP
OP

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I reset the error. Running good now. One thing I don't like is the codes moved into something called permanent listing. Can't clear that. I would hate to store every code. With all these systems things could go bad and I woukd think a buyer would get spooked.
Sponsored