Sponsored

BriansGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If you installed a new abs module you’ll need to mi it in fdrs. Do the calibration s of the sensors and then do a pat’s initialization

if you have fdrs MAYBE.. maybe I can remote in and log in and do the pats part for you.
That's very kind. I'll order in the Mongoose, and 2 day lic, and let you know.

This kind of sucks though, that the new PATS requires Ford dealers or tricked out locksmith that can't share codes (hard to make money with 1 locksmith tech).

FORD: For the record NO meth head was snatching half janggy ABS units!! It's all about the cats.
Sponsored

PeteRit

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat PB
Occupation
Retired
Long time no talk here but FINALLY got my APIM replaced after my initial dealership visit in May 2022 for the CSP in which dealer claimed everything was good to go but alas it was not.

Dealer installed new APIM on Weds, automatic update button is now able to be turned on at least but truck is on something old as far as sync goes. No updates yet, hooked to wifi every night locked in my garage. Getting real worried and just want my freaking truck up to date. Early build 2021 powerboost

VIN 1FTFW1EDXMFB13466

Can anyone tell me if there's anything pending, if they even did anything, and or what version I'm running? It would be so appreciated. Thanks guys.

Steve

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Long time no talk here but FINALLY got my APIM replaced after my initial dealership visit in May 2022 for the CSP in which dealer claimed everything was good to go but alas it was not.

Dealer installed new APIM on Weds, automatic update button is now able to be turned on at least but truck is on something old as far as sync goes. No updates yet, hooked to wifi every night locked in my garage. Getting real worried and just want my freaking truck up to date. Early build 2021 powerboost

VIN 1FTFW1EDXMFB13466

Can anyone tell me if there's anything pending, if they even did anything, and or what version I'm running? It would be so appreciated. Thanks guys.

Steve
Steve,

Here's the list of available software updates in FDRS:
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1FTFW1EDXMFB13466-5-Mar-23

You have no APIM update in the list. And @Jesse-Infotainment can weigh in here but I have never seen an APIM software revision of MU5T-14G676-FA before. That's a new one to me.
After the attempted updates on the 22nd they got a repair authorization to replace the APIM. They did a PMI (APIM) on the 1st along with some powertrain updates.

What Sync revision does it say you have on the screen (Sync About)?

Truck on Wi-Fi doesn't matter. Set updates to check daily at a time while you're driving (like going to work) in an area with good AT&T coverage (min three bars). All updates are coming through the truck's TCU, not Wi-Fi. Checking for updates when the truck is driving ensures the 12V battery is above 80% state of charge.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can anyone check and see if I have an APIM update before I spend the money for FDRS? I got one update right after I managed to update everything last year and then nothing again...and I really want full screen carplay.

1FTFW1E88MFA08573

Thanks!
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1FTFW1E88MFA08573-5-Mar-23

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jesse / somebody else, can I get another VIN check on available updates 1FTFW1E58MFC14482 ? I am on 21136 Revision 134. Back from a while ago:

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 10.35.13.png

I don't park where I have wifi signal (best I can do is 5G hotspot and I am limited to about 10Gb), I don't have the AT&T cellular and I can't hook up to a power source to update via Mongoose and laptop, truck cannot be activated in Fordpass since it says I haven't taken delivery.

I asked this earlier, but things on the forum change. Can I update via USB like I have update many of my other previous cars? My goal is the fullscreen Carplay and potentially any recommended updates.
Here's the current list of updates today:
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1FTFW1E58MFC14482-5-Mar-23

Looks pretty familiar.

Your updates aren't gonna come over Wi-Fi. You've got a US spec truck in Germany with a TCU (telematics modem) that's been provisioned for US AT&T coverage...not Vodaphone in the EU. That's why you're not getting GWM/APIM updates.

I'm retired military myself with many years spent OCONUS and I know full well the challenges of trying to get OEM service and warranty support for a vehicle that is outside the warranty coverage area. Is there a Ford dealer that is willing to re-provision your TCU for the EU while you're stationed there?

Outside of that the best thing you can do is get a Mongoose, a powersupply and a two-day FDRS license and a very fast ("Extreme") USB 3.0 thumb drive and do the updates yourself. There must be other folks in your AO who also drive Fords...maybe you can get together on the purchase of the Mongoose and license?

Sponsored

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
Thank for you the detailed explanation. Issue is not buying the Mongoose.. I just don't have a place to park the car where there is wifi signal and power source. The base autohobby shop bay rental is the best bet, but that can get expensive and tedious (and there is no power slots or wifi, just a warm place to work). Should have picked my house better I guess :D. I reached out to a dealer here. I just fear changing the modem even if possible will not get updates.

PeteRit

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat PB
Occupation
Retired
Steve,

Here's the list of available software updates in FDRS:
1FTFW1EDXMFB13466-5-Mar-23.png

You have no APIM update in the list. And @Jesse-Infotainment can weigh in here but I have never seen an APIM software revision of MU5T-14G676-FA before. That's a new one to me.
After the attempted updates on the 22nd they got a repair authorization to replace the APIM. They did a PMI (APIM) on the 1st along with some powertrain updates.

What Sync revision does it say you have on the screen (Sync About)?

Truck on Wi-Fi doesn't matter. Set updates to check daily at a time while you're driving (like going to work) in an area with good AT&T coverage (min three bars). All updates are coming through the truck's TCU, not Wi-Fi. Checking for updates when the truck is driving ensures the 12V battery is above 80% state of charge.
I seriously cannot thank you enough for this info man.

Sync Software Version: 21146_PRODUCT
Revision : 145

I've also went ahead and scheduled my update checks and am no longer to worried about the wifi thing as much. I'm in an area with great AT&T service so hopefully this will soon get me going in the right direction. I've been really contemplating just getting the mongoose because I've given them so many chances and I actually work in the cyber security field for DOD so, can't be any worse then that or any harder then some of the certification exams I took last year!

Thanks again man. Seriously.

Eyeman60

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Pilot
Been following this thread for sometime and finally decided (with trepidation) to pull the trigger, invest in a mongoose and jump in. I was able to update all of the modules today with the exception of the APIM.… I received the following message:
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 3D2B7155-4301-49A6-B2FD-2D7D6C19F8C2

I selected yes, retry the download and received the same error. The next time I selected No and received the following message:
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS D902E33A-7725-41ED-BA76-A8665D71770E

Any help or suggestions to get me over the hump with the update would be greatly appreciated!

VIN# 1FTFW1E84MKF02601

Before updates was at sync 4 software version 21223, Rev. 197 and am now at software version 22192, Rev. 498

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Been following this thread for sometime and finally decided (with trepidation) to pull the trigger, invest in a mongoose and jump in. I was able to update all of the modules today with the exception of the APIM.… I received the following message:
3D2B7155-4301-49A6-B2FD-2D7D6C19F8C2.jpeg

I selected yes, retry the download and received the same error. The next time I selected No and received the following message:
D902E33A-7725-41ED-BA76-A8665D71770E.jpeg

Any help or suggestions to get me over the hump with the update would be greatly appreciated!

VIN# 1FTFW1E84MKF02601

Before updates was at sync 4 software version 21223, Rev. 197 and am now at software version 22192, Rev. 498
Pretty strange...the file size for that is only 3.88 MB big. I found it in my data cache from a previous update.

You should try it again.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
3D2B7155-4301-49A6-B2FD-2D7D6C19F8C2.jpeg

D902E33A-7725-41ED-BA76-A8665D71770E.jpeg

VIN# 1FTFW1E84MKF02601

I can send you the update if you send me your vin

Eyeman60

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Pilot

mrnavy2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Roush Ford F150 Lariat, 2017 Ford Fusion SE
Occupation
Retired
Hey Guys, I am returning my mongoose to my friend this weekend, but before I do, can someone check my VIN to see if I have any updates that need to be done? Here is my VIN. 1FTFW1E57MFB32033 Thank you

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Thanks! Guess I'll plunk down the 50 bucks and update it this weekend.
do you have a few minutes to check my vin for avail FDRS updates ? Sorry for the bother. 1FTFW1ED3MFB23739 just curios what is left
Sponsored