Sponsored

Doors unlocking. Random alarms. Software issues.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Even with the very few issues that I've had, I would not have chosen a different truck. The dealer has been more than accommodating in taking care of all the minor things and what I would consider the only really pressing issue, my center screen going blank. But even with that I am still VERY pleased with my truck. Besides, with all the electronics in these things now there's bound to be one or two hiccups. It happens with our computers and phones, and now it happens with our vehicles. It's just how progress works.
Sponsored

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I hadn't even thought of all of that. I'm having my truck shipped to me if it ever gets sent to the dealership. I won't even get to see it before it comes. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be okay. I get the concern though.

RJ82

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
XLT 5.0 302A SCAB since Mar-4 2100 miles. Some light rust on rear diff/axle but otherwise flawless thus far, but keep lurking the forum to see what I missed. I've made quite a few trips from couch to garage reading this forum since I got it home lol. Still waiting to see if windshield recall will hit me too. Very happy with this truck and hoping all those getting one soon a great experience!

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Other than some brief electronic quirks with the dash rebooting several times (fixed by or related to the 1st OTA update) + battery drain issue (fixed with flash update), my 2021 has been flawless, and I absolutely love the truck. Granted it only has 500 miles on the ODO, so time will tell.

With all the electronics on these trucks, definitely getting the ESP.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Other than some brief electronic quirks with the dash rebooting several times (fixed by or related to the 1st OTA update) + battery drain issue (fixed with flash update), my 2021 has been flawless, and I absolutely love the truck. Granted it only has 500 miles on the ODO, so time will tell.

With all the electronics on these trucks, definitely getting the ESP.
That battery drain issue is a huge one that I forgot to list.

Do you guys think that’s only for the ones with powerboost or could it possibly happen to any version including the eco-boost?

Like I said, I don’t care if I have to hold the door closed while I’m driving, as long as I can get to work.
But if my truck won’t start, OMG, that’s how people get shot.
Another bad joke, but I would really lose my shit if that ever happens to me. Totally unacceptable for any new vehicle regardless of the make, model or price.

Sponsored

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Eric - it will likely be fine. One benefit of waiting a little longer is you probably missed some of the issues we have encountered.

driving off the lot in a new truck should be a happy day. Worrying something might go wrong is just going to ruin the experience.

Be happy! The wait is over. . :)

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Eric,
I've had a few issues, but none that have me twisting up over. Probably the biggest is the rust on the rear axle and emissions systems, which I think Ford will eventually step up and fix.
You just have to remember that even with Jim Farley at the helm, it's still a Ford, and not a Lexus. But you're going to enjoy the hell out of it.

This is my first truck, and honestly, I'm not sure why I waited so long, but I'm glad that I did. The powerboost, seat comfort, electronics, pro-power. All amazingly convenient.

Post pictures!

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
2 months and 1900 miles on v8 SCab
lowly 301a trim
only had a headlight replaced due to a broken retainer that was only noticeable when the hood was opened.

as for the rust on the axle and some related parts—not all that concerned as I am taller than three feet and won’t spend much time looking at it over the next 15-20 years(lifespan of my personal drivers).

paint was good, body panel fit “so-so” but acceptable for a utility vehicle.

some of you guys have no recollection of fit and finish of the cars of the 60s & 70s, or even the paint matching between the front clip and the rest of the car.

I have to say, manufacturers have come a long way since then.

no freaky electrical mishaps save one, claiming my parking brake was having a tantrum, but that was non existent and went away to never return.

@Eric
if you are leasing, and will be returning vehicle at a certain mileage and time,
I’m really not understanding the concern over the cosmetic appearance of the bottom. Personally, I really don’t care as long as that stuff works when I need it to.

Those that ordered or purchased these vehicles with a lot of “tech” should understand that the more stuff on these is just increasing the odds for a failure.
I have not had a vehicle with excess “goodies” since I sent my last T-Bird of to a new owner (damn nice car, wish something like them were still available).

ALL of my Chrysler products of yesteryear were FULLY loaded, and each and every of them developed issues in different areas. Granted these cars can not compare to the new ones, but the new one have a million things going on all at the same time in their 250,000 components.
Something is going to sign out eventually.

Im sure Ford is still building Edges and Explorers that have rear gates that refuse to operate when it gets cold outside.

and if I had a vehicle that regularly had door latch issues in the cold, eve component in that would have been replaced long before I let it affect my opinion of the builder.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
2 months and 1900 miles on v8 SCab
lowly 301a trim
only had a headlight replaced due to a broken retainer that was only noticeable when the hood was opened.

as for the rust on the axle and some related parts—not all that concerned as I am taller than three feet and won’t spend much time looking at it over the next 15-20 years(lifespan of my personal drivers).

paint was good, body panel fit “so-so” but acceptable for a utility vehicle.

some of you guys have no recollection of fit and finish of the cars of the 60s & 70s, or even the paint matching between the front clip and the rest of the car.

I have to say, manufacturers have come a long way since then.

no freaky electrical mishaps save one, claiming my parking brake was having a tantrum, but that was non existent and went away to never return.

@Eric
if you are leasing, and will be returning vehicle at a certain mileage and time,
I’m really not understanding the concern over the cosmetic appearance of the bottom. Personally, I really don’t care as long as that stuff works when I need it to.

Those that ordered or purchased these vehicles with a lot of “tech” should understand that the more stuff on these is just increasing the odds for a failure.
I have not had a vehicle with excess “goodies” since I sent my last T-Bird of to a new owner (damn nice car, wish something like them were still available).

ALL of my Chrysler products of yesteryear were FULLY loaded, and each and every of them developed issues in different areas. Granted these cars can not compare to the new ones, but the new one have a million things going on all at the same time in their 250,000 components.
Something is going to sign out eventually.

Im sure Ford is still building Edges and Explorers that have rear gates that refuse to operate when it gets cold outside.

and if I had a vehicle that regularly had door latch issues in the cold, eve component in that would have been replaced long before I let it affect my opinion of the builder.
The cosmetic stuff is not a priority. I just want to be able to get from point A to B. And there seems to be quite a few folks on here that can’t even do that since their trucks spend as much time with them as they do with the mechanics.
Sponsored