First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Shelby Raptor. 05 AEV Jeep TJ4.6 SC. 21 Lariat
Occupation
Business owner
Carbon Fiber ABS door storage trim cover installation pictures. I add extra 3M tape around the area of supplied tape to assist with staying attached once in place.
Ford F-150 Door protection? IMG_1560
Ford F-150 Door protection? IMG_1561
Ford F-150 Door protection? IMG_1563
Ford F-150 Door protection? IMG_1562
Ford F-150 Door protection? IMG_1564

OP
OP
Kalidor

Kalidor

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB King Ranch
Occupation
Network Engineer
Ford F-150 Door protection? 20220706_181733

I just slapped some of this PPF on. It's a bit glossy for my taste, but we'll see if it does the trick....or maybe I just f'ed my door plate..

VViViD 3M Clear Paint Protection Vinyl https://a.co/h04sCf8

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
System Protection Technician
Carbon Fiber ABS door storage trim cover installation pictures. I add extra 3M tape around the area of supplied tape to assist with staying attached once in place.
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1561.jpg
IMG_1563.jpg
IMG_1562.jpg
IMG_1564.jpg
Did you buy them off ebay? Only place I can find trim like that.

Sponsored

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business owner
Did you buy them off ebay? Only place I can find trim like that.
Could only find the door pocket trims in carbon fiber style from one supplier on eBay, Huk-98. They sell a number of bits for 21-22 year.( update. are now on Aliexpress for around $60)
I get majority of carbon fiber trim much cheaper off Aliexpress.
Another supplier your-auto-partner01 on eBay have many interior trim cover pieces in various finishes and pastel colors. Not my style but for anyone seeking a funky look.
Ford F-150 Door protection? 1657172081119
Ford F-150 Door protection? 1657173797301

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kalidor

Kalidor

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB King Ranch
Occupation
Network Engineer
PPF does NOT work on porous surfaces.
I had assumed so, yet it was often suggested. Painters tape would probably work fine for day or weekend jobs, and I may go that route for hunting season when there will be some entry/exit traffic with boots.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Have just ordered a set. Can update you with few pictures once they have arrived in a few weeks. If they fit anywhere as good as the steering wheel cover, I will be well happy.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgijGy3DMmylhINf7Iih3V3f6eTXag

That steering wheel cover looks great! Are the steering wheel pieces solidly stuck on there? Do they feel clunky as you use them?

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

Sponsored

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business owner
That steering wheel cover looks great! Are the steering wheel pieces solidly stuck on there? Do they feel clunky as you use them?
The surround comes as one moulded piece.
I add extra 3M double sided tape to it before installing as insurance. Adding extra if needed later is awkward to do without complete disassembly.
The steering wheel surround is one of the few parts that has an option to buy a real Carbon fiber surround. Looking at pictures of them it appears that the steering wheel needs partial disassembly to install ( playing around air bags always puts me on edge) and only looks slightly better at what is about 20x the cost. Considering how well the carbon fiber style one fits and looks, I could not warrant paying more than 3x the cost.
It has been installed a couple of months and even in the UK we have had reasonable weather in the high 20's C, still stuck firm and solid as when installed.
The mirror eyebrow surrounds are also a good fit.
Ford F-150 Door protection? 1657217027419

Last edited:

Gavra Meads

First Name
Gavra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Occupation
Locksmith
You shouldn't find a
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1561.jpg
IMG_1563.jpg
IMG_1562.jpg
IMG_1564.jpg
Where did you order it? I'm so annoyed by these passengers who aren't able to enter the car without touching the door with their legs. The driver's door of my car looks so clean like it came today straight from the manufacturer. I know it sounds funny, but I even spoke with my locksmith (go here Stratford locksmith) to find out more solutions to this problem. He told me about door storage trim covers that serve as door protection.

Last edited:

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business owner
You shouldn't find a

Where did you order it? I'm so annoyed by these passengers who aren't able to enter the car without touching the door with their legs. The driver's door of my car looks so clean like it came today straight from the manufacturer. I know it sounds funny, but I even spoke with my locksmith (go here Stratford locksmith) to find out more solutions to this problem. He told me about door storage trim covers that serve as door protection.
If you follow thread earlier. List a supplier on eBay. Also available from AliExpress.

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
I don’t think PPF would stick to that area or not …
Sponsored